Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Steampunk helmet design

• 4 Replies

PugAndShep

• This is fun.
Steampunk helmet design
« on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:47 AM »
Alright, I've never seen a steampunk helmet on here. Is that allowed? I'm going to use a 2 piece Jango helmet, and I didn't know if this qualifies for entry or not.

Pew pew. It's a laser.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Steampunk helmet design
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2019, 09:51 AM »
Unfortunately steampunk crossovers are not approvable.

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2019, 03:53 PM »
You can get away with pulling some inspiration from steam punk, but it needs to look Mando first, and hint at steam punk if you're gonna go down that road.
Highly recommend you post concepts first.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2019, 06:50 PM »
Unless you're doing for fun, and aren't seeking approval with a Steampunk kit.  If it's just for your own satisfaction, the sky's the limit!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Unless you're doing for fun, and aren't seeking approval with a Steampunk kit.  If it's just for your own satisfaction, the sky's the limit!

I gave one of my recruits pretty much that advice.  He wants to build a kit that's somewhat era-bending, so I told him we'd help him as much as we can to get it approved, but if he's dead set on the parts that won't fly, he should build the kit he wants to wear and come troop with us (at open events) anyway.

So, if you want to go full steampunk, you can do it, and we'll happily hang out with you at events.  You just won't be able to hit the OM only events or be in the group photos.  If you want to, as Sep said, draw some steampunk inspiration, keep your Ruus'alore in the loop when you're designing it, so they can advise you on where the line between inspiration and crossover is.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!