Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Ka'ra's first WIP

• 75 Replies

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
Re: Ka'ra's first WIP
« Reply #60 on: Oct 01, 2019, 05:12 PM »
Another little update:

This was done over the weekend but haven't had the chance to update the post. I still have to smooth out the edges of the eyepiece. Then it will be onto inserting the visor paint and weather then this baby is done. I'm super thankful for all the help I got with this helmet. After the helmet is done I can get started on making sure the paint on the armor and gauntlets I got matches and making sure all the accessories are properly placed.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Kryamla Redalur

• "Wait...how do you say your name?"
  • Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #61 on: Oct 01, 2019, 07:07 PM »
Oh yessss! Thatís awesome!

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #62 on: Oct 15, 2019, 01:56 PM »
HEADS UP:
Due to this semester's demands and the fact that I'm working on making sure I am able to transfer on time, working on Bo will have to be put on hold until Winter Break starting Dec 16th. I will then resume progress on her until January 12th. I am confident that I can get a huge chunk of the work needed within this one month time frame. However due to my strenuous class schedule Spring 2020 she will most likely have to be shelved again until late May. I do promise she will be ready and approved for trooping at Anaheim Celebration 2020 and any other troops during the summer.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Kryamla Redalur

• Awards Award for 100 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #63 on: Oct 15, 2019, 02:09 PM »
Take care of your school work and weíll be here when you come back :)

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #64 on: Nov 05, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Even though I'm technically not working on my kit until December I still found some time to look for the spray paint that I will need once I am back from my self-imposed hiatus. I will first have to strip the paint off the armor that I have acquired then prime everything before coating with Montana spray paint so everything that needs to be the same color is the same color. I will then weather the paint so that it looks battle worn.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #65 on: Nov 05, 2019, 07:38 PM »
I also used shock white, shock black, roof, and wall but for my blues I used Signal Blue/5075 and Ultramarine/5080. I think colors you chose could work just fine though, once weathered :) just wanted to share what I used!

Ultramarine/5080
-used on helmet for the cheeks and back band around helmet
Signal Blue/5075
-the main blue color used throughout (helmet, shoulders, gauntlets, shins, knees, jetpack)
Iron Curtain/7030
-used on blaster
Gravel/7060
-used on blaster
Slealth/7070
-used on boot armor, range finder/ear cap, key slot, and jetpack
Roof/7050
-main color used throughout (chest plates, back plate, thighs, shins, jetpack)
Wall/7020
-base color used under all colors on all pieces

Looking forward to more progress, whenever you can :)

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #66 on: Nov 05, 2019, 07:42 PM »
The CRL isn't clear about what shade each portion is except for black. :\

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #67 on: Nov 05, 2019, 10:07 PM »
Yeah, you sorta have to go based off references. Itís tough but I think those choices could work :) you could also ask a Q&A to the app team if you want to double check :)

Just wanted to let you know what I used to help!

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #68 on: Nov 05, 2019, 10:10 PM »
Yeah, you sorta have to go based off references. Itís tough but I think those choices could work :) you could also ask a Q&A to the app team if you want to double check :)

Just wanted to let you know what I used to help!
Iíll probably just end up using the same colors you did.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #69 on: Apr 09, 2020, 12:59 AM »
I am back from an extremely long hiatus! And with great news! :porg2: :porg2:  Bo is home with me and with my shelter in place indefinite I have ample time to work on her!

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #70 on: Apr 09, 2020, 02:20 PM »
Woo hoo!

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #71 on: Apr 10, 2020, 10:53 PM »
It is now time to strip the old paint so I can paint it anew.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

starfyre013

• Ka'ra
« Reply #72 on: Apr 24, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Chest diamond is stripped and primed. Just need to do a little sanding then the base color.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #73 on: Apr 24, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Since you started this way back in early last year, I very lightly skimmed until I hit this page,  :-\  :blank:  :laugh:. That said, as an aficionado of hiatuses, I'm glad to see you came back and are ready to work on your armor! I'm very fond of Bo Katan as a character, so it's always exciting to see a new one built :D. Seems like you have a great start, a good game plan and an experienced coach to bounce Bo specific questions off of! One of the extremely few good things to come of this pandemic is that a lot of people have more time to work on the stuff, and I look forward to seeing yours come together :)

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144

Kryamla Redalur

« Reply #74 on: Apr 24, 2020, 09:16 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the paint! :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!