Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Third times the charm WIP (Pic Heavy)

• 48 Replies
Re: Third times the charm WIP (Pic Heavy)
« Reply #45 on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:49 AM »
That is some killer paint. But I'm afraid that chest armor mock up looks rather small.

I've not changed the template since it's last adjustment on about the middle of page 2, when it went from the hollow cut to the drawn out trauma plates.

Size wise where would you have stopped the trimming? Could you point at a post for me?

---

Edit to add :

The red lines are the edge of the flak vest, the blue is my waist /hip line, the yellow lines are where I'm guessing you're thinking I should be?

The edges at the moment are a little raised, especially when viewed from any angle not flat to the front.

---

Edit to add.

Compared to your thread, and post on May 24th (page 4 mid), I think I have the same coverage on the chest plates.

http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=49376.45

---

Edit to add.

I got bored at work, did a thing. This is a crazy possibility for a backplate.

---

Edit- 25 Oct
Had an awesome day at MCM London today, back at a mates place tonight. Idly looking through ebay I found this particularly nice piece of material. If my Ghillie Kama/Cloak doesn't play out, I might have to buy this instead...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F323651719027

« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2019, 08:08 PM by Jhonus6598 » Logged
Brute Force and Ignorance are capable of changing the universe.

Ignorance of those who have gone before, means you do not know what is impossible.

Brute Force allows you to break the rules that others can merely bend.

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #46 on: Oct 28, 2019, 10:42 PM »
I think your plates are properly sized, most folks actually make them too big, so we are used to seeing larger (mine are actually a bit big for my size I just made it work). Especially with the trauma layers, it will look good.

That backplate is going to be amazing!! I can't wait to see this happen!

« Reply #47 on: Nov 02, 2019, 11:36 AM »
I think your plates are properly sized, most folks actually make them too big, so we are used to seeing larger (mine are actually a bit big for my size I just made it work). Especially with the trauma layers, it will look good.

That backplate is going to be amazing!! I can't wait to see this happen!

Thank you! I've got the chest base plate marked out on 6mm HDPE that I have left over from other projects so that will be my initial build material (I don't have the cash for a sheet of Aluminium or Steel right now).

I keep getting home at antisocial times for cutting however, and my dogs are a bit threaders with me making strange noises/smells in the garage!

So I've ended up browsing the Internet with other idle thoughts.

---

---

If my concept for a Ghillie Cape and Kama doesn't pan out as intended aesthetically or doesn't get authorised by the MMCC Approval Team, I'm considering other options.

Boba Fett had a half Cape that was actually an old shelter half which not only gave him a certain style but also gave him an in-universe shelter against bad weather.

My Ghillie is more for disruptive purposes, but the cape would be for the same purpose as Boba.

So the above 3 styles are currently up as my most preferred. I favour the Top and Middle, but I do like other folks opinions.

---

Current progress isn't worth a new post, but my radio is now painted up.

Weathering beyond chipping will be done at the same time as the armour. I'm waiting for the 7 pin connectors to be less than 20 a time so I can plug it into the back plate.

I need to do some research on the false shapes I can infer after seeing how much is implied by this unintentional wavy section :

« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2019, 11:51 AM by Jhonus6598 » Logged
Brute Force and Ignorance are capable of changing the universe.

Ignorance of those who have gone before, means you do not know what is impossible.

Brute Force allows you to break the rules that others can merely bend.

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #48 on: Nov 09, 2019, 12:51 AM »
I am bias toward the top pattern  :D

Turning out so good! I don't think I have seen a radio before, but doesn't mean you couldn't be the first. I will ask around the app team to see what they think.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!