Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit WIP - Progress Report

• 70 Replies
First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« on: Apr 01, 2019, 11:41 PM »
Warning: This post is very pic heavy.

Just wanted to share my kit WIP I've been slaving on for the last few months. This is my first Mando kit and my first time working in sintra. I am loving it so far and don't think I can ever go back to foam. I've also included a final concept art image so you can see where it's going.

Warning: This post is very pic heavy.

Just wanted to share my kit WIP I've been slaving on for the last few months. This is my first Mando kit and my first time working in sintra. I am loving it so far and don't think I can ever go back to foam. I've also included a final concept art image so you can see where it's going.

More Progress Soon!

I also have the flight suit already, and I'm working on the flak vest.

Enjoy!

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019, 06:52 PM by Tlars127 » Logged

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: First Kit WIP - Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2019, 09:59 AM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

The posts have been combined.

For a step-by-step guide to including pictures in your posts using a third party site like imgur, check out this thread.  For how to host images here on the MMCC’s site, if you’re an Auxilliary Member or Supporter, check out this awesome guide!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Sorry about that. I tried deleting the failed post but it wouldn't let me.

Havelock

• Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2019, 04:42 PM »
If you go to the "actions" button it should let you delete or remove the post.  Or...just let this particular fade into obscurity.   ;D

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2019, 06:47 PM »
If you go to the "actions" button it should let you delete or remove the post.  Or...just let this particular fade into obscurity.   ;D

It's not letting me. It says I cannot remove my own topics on this thread. I guess it shall remain...

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019, 06:52 PM by Tlars127 » Logged

Tal Akaan

• “Death...he comes for us all. Greet him fiercely.”
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2019, 11:07 PM »
Progress looks great, those shnees look outstanding! Looking forward to seeing more!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2019, 12:55 AM »
Progress looks great, those shnees look outstanding! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks!

Dac'Gar Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Family events
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2019, 04:43 AM »
That is some pretty progress you got there. Love the pauldron.
concept art looks great too.
Those shnees, are probably 3d printed of a sith acolyte leg right?

« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:17 AM »
That is some pretty progress you got there. Love the pauldron.
concept art looks great too.
Those shnees, are probably 3d printed of a sith acolyte leg right?

Thanks a bunch! The shnees are actually a cold resin cast in an original style. Very similar to an acolyte but not quite.

Dac'Gar Ordo

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Family events
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:54 AM »
Thanks a bunch! The shnees are actually a cold resin cast in an original style. Very similar to an acolyte but not quite.

aaaah Even better! The design matches indeed a lot of the Acolyte. But great choice on Cold cast, those things are pretty awesome!
I love to see more of this kit soon  :like: :like:

« Reply #10 on: Apr 03, 2019, 12:27 PM »
aaaah Even better! The design matches indeed a lot of the Acolyte. But great choice on Cold cast, those things are pretty awesome!
I love to see more of this kit soon  :like: :like:

Thanks!! I would love to get into cold casting at some point. 😁

Thanks!! I would love to get into cold casting at some point. 😁

Ha I just did a quick google search and low and behold you were right! They are Sith Acolyte Shnees! I didn't even know.  :D

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2019, 02:04 PM by Havelock » Logged

Havelock

« Reply #11 on: Apr 03, 2019, 02:04 PM »
As part of my moderation duties I must request that you please avoid Double Posting in the forums.  This is against forum rules as documented HERE.

Double Posts - Please refrain from posting immediately after yourself, also known as 'double posting'.
If no one has replied use the "modify" button to update your post.
WIP threads and other similar threads that have new content being added are exempt from this rule, provided the posts have useful new posts being added.
In such exemptions, replies to multiple questions when attempting to catch up should still be combined into single posts.
Moderators will exercise their best judgement, if you feel an error was made please contact the Moderator Lead and Tech Officer via PM.

« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2019, 02:39 AM »

Have they been combined a second time?

Havelock

« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Yes.  this post was actually a double post.  Don't sweat it.  Just keep up the good kit work.

« Reply #14 on: Apr 06, 2019, 04:15 PM »
Helmet Progress!

More progress coming soon!

Bryn Cin'Prudii

• ~What killed the dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Airmobile brigade member Shock Infantry Brigade Member Special Weapons EnviroOps
« Reply #15 on: Apr 07, 2019, 11:10 AM »
Spectacular work here bud!

Cerar Clan OM#1935 Tri-Division Brigade Member#262
Apply to Brigades here!
New Item Approval
« Reply #16 on: Apr 07, 2019, 11:19 AM »
Spectacular work here bud!

Thanks a bunch!!

Avelin Kel

• OM#2248
« Reply #17 on: Apr 07, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Looking good! Excited to see more!  :D Amazing work on the painting and weathering.

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #18 on: Apr 07, 2019, 04:40 PM »
This is some fantastic work! Well done!

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.

Havelock

« Reply #19 on: Apr 08, 2019, 11:59 AM »
Your bucket is looking great, vod!  Really nice work!  Something you'll need to look at moving forward is your shknees.  Those appear to be Sith Acolyte shnkees, which would absolutely be usable on a Crusader Era kit.  For a Modern Era kit, though, they'll need to be modified enough that they're no longer identifiable as KOTOR/SWTOR Era armor.  I have no doubt you'll be able to make those work, and I look forward to seeing more progress on your kit.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Your bucket is looking great, vod!  Really nice work!  Something you'll need to look at moving forward is your shknees.  Those appear to be Sith Acolyte shnkees, which would absolutely be usable on a Crusader Era kit.  For a Modern Era kit, though, they'll need to be modified enough that they're no longer identifiable as KOTOR/SWTOR Era armor.  I have no doubt you'll be able to make those work, and I look forward to seeing more progress on your kit.

Good thing you mentioned this before I added the straps 😬 I'm sure I can find a way to spice them up a little. Any recommendations?

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #21 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Trauma plating on the front maybe?

Havelock

« Reply #22 on: Apr 08, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Yep.  I think trauma plating would be the least complicated option.

« Reply #23 on: Apr 08, 2019, 02:18 PM »
Yep.  I think trauma plating would be the least complicated option.

Thanks guys, I'll draft up some ideas for your input. 👍

Havelock

« Reply #24 on: Apr 08, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Awesome!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!