Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jor Kajil's NEO CRUSADER WIP

• 7 Replies

Jor Kajil

• Munit tome'tayl, skotah iisa
Jor Kajil's NEO CRUSADER WIP
« on: Apr 08, 2019, 02:30 PM »
For too long, this has been a concept, obsession and a dream to make a neo crusader.
After much brain-storming, planning and praying to the manda, I have begun!
It will be a Rally Master(Red and white paint scheme) and the plates were purchased from The Mandalorian Arsenal(TMA SHOUT OUT!)

So far, only have the chestplate, gauntlets and thigh plates trimmed, sanded and primed. The mask and helmet is complete, just needs the cowl and visor.
Now for pictures!

Evolution of the mask/helmet. Last pic is the cowl material to see how well it goes with the mask. Red Neoprene; Fits the CRLs to a "T" at the cost of being a little toasty.

Only pic I have so far of all the armor plates/pieces. Sorry for the poor quality, my phone's camera decided to rebel after I broke the glass covering it(Accidental, of course)

My progress will be slow on this due to post-Hurricane Michael repairs and work, but I do plan on finishing.

As always; questions, comments and critiques are always welcome.

Neo Crusader WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=168073.0topic=87611.0
Beast Hunter Brigade WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=152942.0
"If I had one more vod with me, the numbers would have been even. 2 against 6." -Meshurkaan

Carnorjax

• Awards Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 2016 Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Award for 25 official invasions.
Re: Jor Kajil's NEO CRUSADER WIP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2019, 07:59 PM »
Your paint job on the helmet is pretty OP Vod, if the rest comes out as good you will have a great kit, will be marking this one to watch progress.

Drang Qos
(pronounced in basic as Rock-ee)

Kal'Verec

• "I am the wrath of the Shadow Warriors. Fear me."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2019, 03:39 PM »
In my opinion the paint chipping is a bit splotchy but the overall detailing of it is great. I myself would add some smaller weathering areas around the mask to make it look a bit more realistic but you've got a good start so far! Always nice to see more Neo-Crusaders!

24er
M.M. #684 M.A. #075  |Upgrades|Graphic Novel|Youtube Channel|

Jor Kajil

« Reply #3 on: Apr 17, 2019, 01:07 AM »
Your paint job on the helmet is pretty OP Vod, if the rest comes out as good you will have a great kit, will be marking this one to watch progress.
Thanks Carnorjax! I aim to please!
In my opinion the paint chipping is a bit splotchy but the overall detailing of it is great. I myself would add some smaller weathering areas around the mask to make it look a bit more realistic but you've got a good start so far! Always nice to see more Neo-Crusaders!
The first two pictures of the mask were only an hour or two after the paint dried and the weathering wasn't finished until the last picture where my camera sabotaged me and didn't do the weathering justice. These pictures are clearer:

I added the scuffs and scrapes last so they would show up better. Drybrushing with silver didn't cut it for me, so I used 80 grit sandpaper. Much more pronounced and realistic scrapes(because they ARE real. :P)
Also, Finished the painting and weathering on my gauntlets. Same weathering techniques as on the helmet.

And a little sneak-peek at my arsenal; Blaster pistol and 3 grenades!

« Last Edit: Apr 17, 2019, 01:04 PM by Jor Kajil » Logged
Neo Crusader WIP
Beast Hunter Brigade WIP
"If I had one more vod with me, the numbers would have been even. 2 against 6." -Meshurkaan

Kal'Verec

• "I am the wrath of the Shadow Warriors. Fear me."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #4 on: Apr 17, 2019, 01:36 PM »
Those smaller scratches do look great! Personally the large blob of weathering looks rather off to me, but that's just my opinion. Can't wait to see the rest of the build come together.

24er
M.M. #684 M.A. #075  |Upgrades|Graphic Novel|Youtube Channel|

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #5 on: Apr 20, 2019, 01:19 AM »
Absolutely great work so far!  I love that you're going with a Rally Master and with realistic weathering to boot! 

I love your grenades, what are you using as a base and to light it up?  Fantastic feature!

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2019
Concordia Clan Tra'alor 2019
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor 2018
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron

Jor Kajil

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2019, 01:46 AM »
Absolutely great work so far!  I love that you're going with a Rally Master and with realistic weathering to boot! 
Thanks, Kol! My all-time favorite character from Kotor2 was Kelborn from the Dxun jungle.

I love your grenades, what are you using as a base and to light it up?  Fantastic feature!
I believe the base is from a sprinkler part. They were a gift from my Alor'ad last Life Day(aka Christmas). The light is just a small flashlight you twist to turn on and change the battery.

Neo Crusader WIP
Beast Hunter Brigade WIP

Jor Kajil

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 06:13 PM »
Okay, finally have something to report;
Flightsuit has been aquired, cowl has been sewn to shape(Thanks again, Eitanya!), visor cut and installed(purchased from Kalevala Visors here on the forums), main belt has been made and finally, chest and thigh plates are painted and weathered

Lay-out of everything(chestplate wasn't finished yet)

Cowl was cut long to give me extra material to roll the edge after I line up where the cowl ends. The ribbing in the throat section is the start for that "vent" looking section in the references, not sure yet on the best method to finish that. Haven't dulled the red down nor weathered the cowl.

Visor installed with Chicago screws that were installed previously.

Chestplate looking pretty and dinged up. :P

primary belt and 3 pouches. Only one pouch is complete, the other two need dye and velcro

Neo Crusader WIP
Beast Hunter Brigade WIP

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!