Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

ManitobaMando Goes Legacy: A W.I.P.

• 2 Replies

Sh'Sou HolDa

• "I have carbon scoring older than you..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
ManitobaMando Goes Legacy: A W.I.P.
« on: Sep 12, 2017, 05:06 PM »
After 8 years of wearing the ol' red and white, its time to finally settle in and get to work on a second kit. While the other eras os Mandalorian armors do interest, the streamlined Legacy armor is going to be the basis for the second set.

Taking a look around there are some nice looking kits being developed, and thanks to those who developed the patterns available for use.

While the actual design stage is almost done, the concept is to be a set of "dress" armor, with little weathering utilizing the colors of my clan;s logo strategically, without looking god awful, something that shows off the position of Alor'ad more prominently and easily recognizable, kind of like a football team's away game colors ;).

Feel free to shoot me any tips Legacy-ers. Soon as my paper design is done, Ill post the concept.

D

KaylinSilverfurr

• OM #1899 / Cabur Akaata #119 / M.L.C.S. #42
Re: ManitobaMando Goes Legacy: A W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2017, 06:03 PM »
Oya!

I'm super excited to see your process both here and in person.

~Kaylin

Sh'Sou HolDa

• "I have carbon scoring older than you..."
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
Re: ManitobaMando Goes Legacy: A W.I.P.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2019, 11:40 AM »
OK, so ...

Life happns as with such, some things get tossed on the back burner. Since being diagnosed with renal failure, costume fbrications been on a down low. However, after our clans last armor party, I decided to revisit my original designs for a set of legacy and with my tenth year of being a merc coming up officially in September, its time to add a suit. So..here we go.

Keeping my original color scheme, this legacy set is going to be heavy in the plating, with a separate chest and segmented abs. Shoulders will be bell style with typical armament gauntlets and fully enclosed leg armor and cod, following this basic design premise.

This is done in Illustrator and does not give depth of field per say, bu the idea here is to have a good sized return edge on the bottom of the chest piece to make it stand out a little bit over and above the abdominal plating, rather than lay up flat against it. The ab plates as well will have a more buly and three dimensional aspect to them just to give some bulk and weight to the armor overall.

Color Inversion comparison

Now to find a proper helmet..

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2019, 04:49 PM by Sh'Sou HolDa » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!