Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

my legacy wip

• 19 Replies
my legacy wip
« on: Apr 19, 2019, 04:44 PM »
After what seems like an age away and getting hung up on the problems with my first attempt at armour .
I have taken the decision to start afresh with a legacy set of armour and put what I learnt into something new and hopefully much better .
so first step ...templates ... had to trim them abit as i coudnt move my arms inwards ... hopefully the shape is still ok  as took some from the middle and outside
lost ab plate 4 as ab plate 3 finishes just above belly button

I am still having issues with chest plates feeling to wide and not a lot of arm movement … I did see a post where somebody had done what they called the arms crossed test whilst ...was wondering how much arm movement you should have ?

Re: my legacy wip
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2019, 05:18 PM »

Had another trim of the templates today to try and narrow them abit to give some arm moment and tweeked the ab and collar plate as well … is the sizing ok ?
Was also wondering if the collar plate should be in front or behind the chest plate ?

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2019, 06:37 PM »
It all needs to move up a bit.  The top of the collar should be resting where the top of your t-shirt collar is. Width is looking pretty good.
The collar plate can be either on top of or underneath the chest plate, your call, but there cannot be a gap between them.

On my kit it's on top.

You may end up dropping or trimming Ab3, but that'll be something you figure out once you have waist items.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 08, 2019, 01:46 AM »
sorry been so long ..but this is what ive been working on , probably should have posted more  before I got this far but hope its ok

found a few pics of members with trama plates on legacy and fell in love with the heavy look 

the red dot on my tshirt is my belly button for reference

look forward to hearing what you guys think and suggestions .... am planning on joining  the neck and chest piec into a solid part

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #4 on: Jul 13, 2019, 01:47 PM »
Nice design.  :like:

« Reply #5 on: Jul 15, 2019, 12:57 PM »
cheers Dan …Design  sort of evolved rather than planned and the bottom ab plates design was  copied from  template Skeltis posted on his build

its been bugging me on how to do the shoulders ...was watching clone wars the other day and hey presto ...Arc trooper style pauldron design ...this is what ive come up with

and this is the idea

not the final colour but needed to get a base coat on before sticking them to the leather and the boba style shoulders plates

osukaru

• Friendship is Loyalty // Mando'ad draar digu
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2019, 05:16 PM »
awesome design vod

Oriramikad - Cat #1462               
You have doubts? Rules and Guides

Freefall

• AKA Adenn Tor AKA Rhase Lob'stah.
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2019, 02:28 PM »
Nice work, and I really like how you did  your collar.

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #8 on: Aug 06, 2019, 06:40 AM »
 :like: Nice work.

« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Thankyou for the kind words always nice to know your heading in the right direction
backplates finally bolted together with chicargo screws

made a couple of ally plates to hold the chest and back plate together and leather straps with chicargo screws again for everything else … centre diamond has been removed as turned out it was slightly off … not sure how it happened, possibly when it was heated up but will make a new one

hope to get some straps made for the sides this weekend and some pics of me wearing it and some side pictures

update...side straps hav'nt happened yet but did get some more sanding done ... this is how they are looking so far

« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2019, 03:42 PM »
finally got the paint to a point I'm happy with it ...sorry for the dodgy lighting, wanted to get a couple of pics outside but no stopping the sun from going down

took me 3 attempts as i wasnt happy with it and turned out i had over done the battle damage and that was what i wasnt happy with ...so a quick sanding and alot less damage this is were im at

Barn

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Paint is looking good  :like:

« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2019, 10:31 AM »
I love this armor. I am hoping to start my armor before long and plan on using yours as a guide. Of all the armor I have seen on here it is my favorite. I will copy the overall look but not it a 100% copy. I can not wait to see the finished product.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2019, 01:45 AM »
Did you use Chicago screws to attach your plates? I was just thinking I might do the same with mine!

Obalon

• My salvation is my weapon
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2019, 07:23 PM »
Very nice!

Obalon Bralor Valus

« Reply #15 on: Feb 26, 2020, 03:22 PM »
This legacy chest armor is so great. I cannot wait to see everything done.

Slade Kel

• Feet First Into Hell
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2020, 04:56 PM »
I'm digging the design, very heavy, much armor, lol. The trauma plates are a pretty tasteful, and I like how the paint is looking so far. I assume you plan on a full heavy build? There's no rule against it, but I always found it looks weird when you do legacy in light armor configuration, given the heavy coverage on the torso.

QMU 72| M.A.B.E.L. 77| Cabur Akaata 144
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2021, 04:20 PM »
hello ...sorry for the long time away ...with covid and my tablet dying its been along absence. But with an old laptop and some new enthusiasm ...time to get back on it and with that i have got a few bits done.
Thank you for all the positive feedback and definitely leaning towards a heavy look with this armour
Have added a new strap to hold the back and front together and yes it all held with Chicago screws and leather straps

with the new strap it does now feel solid ...may need to trim the straps holding the bottom plates as they now show as i made them larger to attach Velcro too
also got the shin armour finished just need to come up with how i want to fix it

Made some jango thigh plates a while ago but cant help thinking they may need tweeking to fit in with this

And finally the cod is still work in progress and may need an extra plate to make it tall enough at the top to mount to a belt .

« Reply #18 on: Jun 09, 2021, 04:22 PM »
In keeping with a heavy look been working on some New 3D printed gauntlets ...They fit  much better than my scratched built ones

Right gauntlet Still needs a screen and knife But coming along slowly

« Reply #19 on: Jun 11, 2021, 10:36 AM »
Looking good! :-) double the missiles double the fun lol

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!