Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

MMcFett's Jetpack

• 10 Replies

MMcFett

• Wayii!
MMcFett's Jetpack
« on: Apr 30, 2019, 05:09 PM »
Here is my almost completed jetpack build up.
First, I started with a secondhand NME Mercenary Rocket pack. The person I bought it from had started some modifications before selling it to me.

My first step was very little cleanup and then primer.

Next, because of the size of it, I decided to spray a metallic paint for the base layer.

It looked good, but wasn't as shiny as Rub n Buff, so I ended up putting Rub n Buff on most of the jetpack over the metallic paint.
You can see here that the previous owner had done some work to the main rocket. I tried to 3D print some replacement fins, but they are a bit warped.
I don't think any of this is reusable at the point, or at least not worth the effort.

Next, I put down a base layer of my gunmetal color, to match my armor.

Then I marked off areas for some red and yellow caution stripes.

And now for the big reveal! The tape pulled off too much of my base layer, so I'll have to touch it up.

Which I did here and added some stripes on the centerbody.

Next I added the vent and the piano keys.

Then painted the thrusters.

Then I added the jetpack stabilizer.

« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2019, 05:23 PM by MMcFett » Logged
...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

MMcFett

• Wayii!
Re: MMcFett's Jetpack
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 06:17 PM »
So I did a blackwash to get it all dirty. Next was to get my vest ready for wearing!
Here's the harness with vest on:

With backplate:

And with the pack, blackened, sitting on the harness:

It seems to sit about where it needs to.

I have a little room to adjust the straps:

And here it is in full kit! A big May the 4th debut!

I have a beacon on the jetpack with a red LED, that apparently I didn't get any pictures of. You can barely see it here:

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:26 PM by MMcFett » Logged
...take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Ephesians 6:13WIPs: Helmet-Armor-Gauntlets-Weapons-Jetpack

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 09:32 AM »
I had my second troop with my jetpack last week and in this picture you can see my beacon a little better.

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04, 2019, 10:20 AM »
So I finally got a picture of my beacon.

And my new rocket from NME finally arrived.
It's a very good cast, didn't really need any cleanup. First coat of primer.

And then a layer of Rub n Buff, and some black acrylic for soot and a little bit of brown/sand for dirt and it's all done!

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #4 on: Jun 05, 2019, 12:55 PM »
Looking really nice, vod!

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett
Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 05, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Looking really nice, vod!
Thank you!

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #6 on: Jul 24, 2019, 03:10 PM »
So here's a good view of my jetpack from behind at a troop I went to a few weeks ago.

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #7 on: Jul 24, 2019, 04:50 PM »
Lovely.

Also, digging that signature gif.

:boba:

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #8 on: Jul 24, 2019, 09:26 PM »
Thanks!

Pyro

• I am the salsa verde!
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2020, 05:18 PM »
Any updates on your kit? What do you need to get official?

Jedi Hunter WIP I Daimyo Boba WIP I Early Crusader WIP

I'm a Texan and Mandalorian, firearms are part of my religion

MMcFett

• Wayii!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2020, 10:04 AM »
I need some more soft part weathering and to adjust some floating plates. I think that's it. One good armor party should do it!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!