Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rorek Stormwolf and Daughters- Armour Planning and WIP

• 51 Replies

Anansi

• Ratiin de gar be'eso, ner vod.
Re: Rorek Stormwolf and Daughters- Armour Planning and WIP
« Reply #45 on: Oct 31, 2019, 12:46 PM »
That looks outstanding!

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Cabur Akaata Member 139 | O.S.B.A. 007
Anansi's Longstrike Carbine
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP
« Reply #46 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Havent posted an update in a while, but I have been working on things. The girls plates are all fully base coated in the blue, they will be working on customizing their designs after the holidays. Their initial Verd'ika pictures will be basecoat only.

This week we should be getting in the velcro I ordered to get everyone's kits attached to their soft parts, and I will be cutting my plates out after thanksgiving.

The major updates right now are that I finished attaching the ears to my helmet and putting the scar on it. I left the scar small too look like it had been repaired somewhat, let me know what you guys think. The other update is Krista's cannon arrived.

The goal right now is for my kit to be ready for when the app team comes back from holiday.

« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2019, 11:37 AM by MrUlfhamar » Logged

Anansi

« Reply #47 on: Nov 26, 2019, 01:06 AM »
Now that is some impressive bangbang. Your helmet looks fine and you have a pretty solid plan.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP
« Reply #48 on: Jan 05, 2020, 01:50 PM »
Havent had a chance to post an update in a little bit, because we just moved into a new home.

Went to a local armour party and resdesigned my plates before starting to cut out. I was fortunate that they had the Jango templates in my size and that really helped the overall look. I should be cutting them out this week or next week.

All four helmets are now done with paint and visors.

If things go well for the end of next week I should have pics of all 3 girls in armour. Felora is already an official Verd'ika.

« Reply #49 on: Jan 14, 2020, 08:13 AM »
This weekend I finally got all of my plates cut and started with the attachment to the vest. I had to eat a slice of humble pie as the tac vest I have will not work. Now to save my pennies and buy a Mando vest.

I also got my gauntlets finally. They will start getting worked on next weekend, when I get more spray paint. I still need a second layer on my armour as I ran short.

I also got all three girls done up, and applied to the Verd'ika corps.

It wasnt until after I looked at the pics that I saw that Krista's thigh plate was sagging. Her pants are too big but we are fixing that with sewing.

Anansi

« Reply #50 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:17 PM »
Your verd'ikade look fantastic!

It's hard to tell from the angle, but your plates look way too big. Get the collar sized so that the edges line up with collar bone and then measure the rest of the torso from that. From the looks of it, you just need to trim the outer edges.

MMCC #2010 - Nevik Marev
Another Anansi Nerf Mod
Anansi's Armor WIP

Jaka

« Reply #51 on: Jan 15, 2020, 08:34 AM »
Great work on the plates. Love the distinct touches on all the buckets.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!