Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Need help sizing gauntlets ( I have thin arms)

• 5 Replies
Need help sizing gauntlets ( I have thin arms)
« on: May 09, 2019, 11:45 PM »
Alright, so I'm a dude whose 18 but was not blessed with upper-body muscle mass. Thus, I have really thin forearms. I guess my first question would be how would I go about measuring the "width" of my forearms?  And secondly, what tips would yall have for making the gauntlets fit?

I prefer not to work in the light.

Jag Cabur

• Call me 'Sparky.'
Re: Need help sizing gauntlets ( I have thin arms)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 12:26 AM »
If your gauntlets end up too big in diameter, you can always pad them out.  Get some soft packing foam or acoustic foam and cut it to shape, gluing it to the inside of the gauntlet (Make sure you get the thickness of the foam so that the gauntlets fit snugly).

Hand me my thinking grenades.

Xirra Vaand

• If you ain't cheatin' , you ain't tryin'
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 11:48 PM »
I use pipe insulation foam to pad mine out since I accidentally ordered mine a size larger than what I need. It's a good thickness and it's pretty comfortable too. Most gauntlets are sized based on your wrist circumference if you're buying premade ones.

MMCC #1760 - Mir'shebs #18 - M.M.R.S #4 - M5 #85

My  WIP thread: http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=119407.0
Weapons WIP : http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=120285.0

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 11:57 PM »
Also keep in mind that you'll have the flight suit and gloves underneath so take that into account. I see so many people who buy gaunts according to bare skin measurements. Always buy big because, as mentioned, it's easier to pad them out than to try and add more to the size. You'll also want to make sure they're not too long, otherwise you won't be able to bend your arm all the way. April Storm sells presized gauntlets that make it easy to tell how they'll fit before you buy, should you go that route.

Tusken Dan

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Mobile Engineers Brigade Member EnviroOps
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 06:56 AM »
You can also make them yourself.  I used a tall tea glass to shape  mine in sintra, because I too don't have huge arms and didn't want a big hunk of round pipe floating around.  I did a wip that can be found here: maybe it will give you some ideas
https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=147137.0

Jal Korvo

• Ad Be Ca
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 10:56 AM »
Oops. Yes, making them is another option I forgot to mention. Pvc or Sintra or some people use a toilet brush holder as a base. Just remember, you want to shoot for slightly bigger than your arm, rather than too small.
 :like:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!