Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Blaster Rifle Rework

• 7 Replies
Blaster Rifle Rework
« on: May 12, 2019, 04:00 PM »
Recently after finishing college and finally having some free time to work on my kit and hopefully make it to OM if I do it right I started to mill through my bits boxes under my bed in search of parts until I came across an old blaster project I began working on around four years ago, coming back to it in long stretches of time with plans to make it a blaster rifle, the last time being approximately 7 or so months ago.

Originally it started off as an old General Grevious blaster toy but now multiple parts such as flashlight components, a bubble sword handle, the nozzle of a pressure hose, pvc pipe caps and a lot of milliput was used to alter its appearance and elongate it into a more blaster rifle style. It is far from finished, primarily requiring a stock at the back to finish it off but after the scope snapped off I have come to wonder if it looks better with or without the scope on top, make it have a rough iron sight or no iron sight like the Clone Wars / Rebels Mando blasters or to go with the scope still.

With scope.

Without scope. I will say here that if you think it would look best if the scope is removed I will also be removing this support strut shown in this image too.

What are your thoughts Vode ?

Tak'ur

• Ner oyay cuyir tracyn bal tal
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 40+ hrs of Charity Work Shock Infantry Brigade Member
Re: Blaster Rifle Rework
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Always liked the DT-57 Heavy Blaster but with the modificationms you've made I'd personally say - With the scope.

OM #1966 06th Dec 2017
Girth Belt WIP
Oribru Akaata #22 Draluram #16  M.M.R.S #2 Wrangalorian #6  M.L.C.S #40  M.A.C.K #50 B.E.A.R.D.S #148  B.O.M.B #92

Kurz

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 05:26 PM »
I'd say with scope. Without it, the blaster looks like an oversized pistol. Don't know why, but scopes always add a swarzy vibe to anything... Especially where they don't belong  :laugh: western gun + scope? Bam, you got a DE10... WWI gun +scope? You get the DL44

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 01:43 AM »
Personally I think the shape with the scope is really neat. Throw some primer on there and see how it ties together!

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Ok so I attached the scope and added a stock to the back of the blaster, beginning to paint it up using some car spray paints. I  forgot to take images of the blaster before the paint job but here are the images after.

Tomorrow I will begin to paint the blaster using some acrylics.

Kurz

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 04:54 PM »
That's really cool. A little bit of weathering and it will be perfect. How did you mount the stock? Just glued or something more?

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 04:56 PM »
Its a mixture of pieces of 5mm foamex glued together with plasticard panels glued on top and miliputty applied in the seams and depressed areas. It simply slots tightly into the back and is held in place using glue and a heavy amount of milliputty over the entrance hole.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Nicely done!!!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!