Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

I知 looking for a metal Mando helmet for 」140 or less

• 4 Replies

TheEnglishMerc

• Why Carry A Weapon When You Can Be A Weapon
I知 looking to make a metal plate set of armour, but due to my inexperience in Welding ectr , I cannot make the helmet myself, having found a seller on this forum who made cold cast aluminium helmets, I was wondering is anyone has one they are selling for 」140 or less.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: I知 looking for a metal Mando helmet for 」140 or less
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 05:38 PM »
hello mate, cold cast helmets aren't actually metal. it's a process where a metal powder is added to resin so that it can be polished to look like metal. ;)

TheEnglishMerc

• Why Carry A Weapon When You Can Be A Weapon
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Yeah sorry should致e been clear with that. I just need a metal surface such as with cold cast, to male it seem metal and authentic, as solid metal casts or welds are thousands XD

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 02:57 PM »
There was a guy from Germany (I think?) who did a limited run of aluminum helmets. They were in the area of $500 USD but very nicely made.

Cold-cast buckets are cool. Plenty of vendors here but you'll probably have to do some reading to see who offers those.

Good luck with your build!

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Yeah sorry should致e been clear with that. I just need a metal surface such as with cold cast, to male it seem metal and authentic, as solid metal casts or welds are thousands XD

There are some pretty authentic looking metal paints out there too -- Allclad has some airbrush protocols that yield very realistic results.   Coldcast is typically a premium finish, and resin cast helmets typically start around 」120.  As you said, actual metal buckets are likely going to be pretty far outside your budget, 5-600.   Might be most cost effective to level up your painting skills.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!