Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Rifle --G36 base

• 6 Replies
Custom Rifle --G36 base
« on: Jun 06, 2019, 08:37 PM »
So finally getting around to building a kit. Been tinkering with my rifle the most and could use some other thoughts please.

I took a G36 airsoft I snagged dirt cheap, swapped the stock out for a AK stock I ordered, removed the rail from the handguard, added barrel, coolant tube, rangefinder via PVC. Currently most parts are just taped on until I'm done tinkering and checking out different ideas.

Thanks for looking!

Re: Custom Rifle --G36 base
« Reply #1 on: Jun 07, 2019, 09:27 PM »
Found and ordered a new handguard as what I have above just isn't doing it for me.

« Reply #2 on: Jun 12, 2019, 06:09 PM »
New guard came in.

Got a lot more to do but happy how it's coming along!

Tor Johaair

• Tor Johaa'ir
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12, 2019, 10:43 PM »
Is there a specific Star Wars blaster rifle you are using as a model?

I know when I was building my first weapon, my Ruus'alor tried to steer me to pattern it after a Canon weapon so there would be less chance of being denied.

MMCC // #2191
Tor Johaa'ir (Approved)
Striker Division, Special Ops Brigade, Recon Profession upgrades

Justice, and Vengence. Though not necessarily in that order.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Is there a specific Star Wars blaster rifle you are using as a model?

I know when I was building my first weapon, my Ruus'alor tried to steer me to pattern it after a Canon weapon so there would be less chance of being denied.

No I'm trying for something unique. Mostly because when I began I found the G36 airsoft on eBay for $15 and just went with it.

The few canon weapons built off the G36 don't appeal to me and figured most canon Mandos are either carrying weapons not seen on others before or westar varients, so why not try for something that would be "mine". 

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2019, 10:39 AM »
The EL-16 blaster is based off the G-36. If you want some ideas, you can always use it as reference, mostly for little details. Yours can be a Tibanna-jacked variant, or something.

« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2019, 10:45 AM by Ori Dart » Logged
Oya!

Andry         ; )
« Reply #6 on: Jun 13, 2019, 11:02 AM »
I'll look into it.  Thanks!

got some Steel tubing from Depot, as the PVC sizes were either too small or too large for this guard.

[/img]

Cut more of the main weapon away and used 1" PVC tube to attach guard. Will need to epoxy/bolt it into place.

Rain delay on more work tonight, but hope to get assembled tomorrow/this weekend and start working on some greeblies.

« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2019, 06:06 PM by Vor'en Marr » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!