Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First build Fabric Question

• 4 Replies
First build Fabric Question
« on: Jun 11, 2019, 12:14 PM »
Hey Mercs, getting ready to start my first build and I read the CRL for the soft parts not having printed fabric, but what about solid color but textured pattern? was really hoping to do a hex texture like the following image.

Corvyn Nuhunar

• Cin Vhetin, my dudes
Re: First build Fabric Question
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2019, 01:46 PM »
I don't know about how that interacts with the CRLs. However, that sort of looks like YaYa Han's hex-pattern stretch fabric - if that's what you were looking at, I'd recommend against it, as I've heard a lot about people getting chemical burns on their skin from it. Just a heads up!  :like:

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2019, 02:48 PM »
Thats exactly what it is.  I hadn't heard that, thanks for the heads up.  If I use it specifically, perhaps I'll line it.

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
« Reply #3 on: Jun 11, 2019, 04:17 PM »
I don't know about how that interacts with the CRLs. However, that sort of looks like YaYa Han's hex-pattern stretch fabric - if that's what you were looking at, I'd recommend against it, as I've heard a lot about people getting chemical burns on their skin from it. Just a heads up!  :like:

From what I've understood after a bit of reading, that's been debunked. That said, people have all sorts of sensitivities to materials. I know that certain synthetics (like Olefin) can cause issues because of the off-gassing.

I'm certainly not anyone who has authority here, but if it was going to be worn over top another layer of fabric, I'm sure it would be fine.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member 40% increase or more Special Weapons Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2019, 11:58 AM »
I'd recommend against it, unless you're absolutely set on using it, because it's ridiculously expensive.  Otherwise, there's no specific rule against it that I've come across.  The no print rule is meant to cover things like camo, and to prevent using rainbow pony pajamas as a flightsuit (though that might be fun for an unofficial kit.) :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!