Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

BlasTech A-180 blaster

• 6 Replies
BlasTech A-180 blaster
« on: Nov 25, 2019, 01:06 PM »
The BlasTech A-180 is a reconfigurable blaster with many variations. Jyn Erso uses a variant in Rogue One. I liked the fact that the gun was based on a WWII German Luger so I found a vintage toy based on the Luger and made my own variant of the A-180. I added greeblies from some model kits, weathered it heavily, and plan to add a small scope on top.

« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2019, 06:32 PM by Brodu Ma'iingan » Logged

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
Re: BlasTech A-180 blaster
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2019, 01:36 PM »
Looks pretty good! Personally I'm a fan of the full barrel cladding, because I feel like it helps it look more swarzy. Either way, the weathering is very well done.

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2019, 02:35 PM »
My inspiration to this one was Han’s DL-44 where there’s just a flash hider attached to the end of the barrel, I do like the skinnier barrel on Han’s gun. But I also like Jyn Erso’s gun as well. I wanted something in the middle to try to be a little different. I don’t love the current flash hider bit, so I may change that later if I find something else I like.

Hellwolve

• Darth Kharon
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2019, 05:37 AM »
Damn cool! Though maybe still rather close to an Luger?

"But they, set free from sickness and eld and toils, having fled from the deeply sounding ferry of Akheron."
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2019, 02:09 PM »
I think once I add the scope and a different flash hider it will improve the look. Han’s blaster is literally a Mauser with a grease gun flash hider slapped on it so there’s not much change to that one either. I do want mine to look slightly different but being in a holster it won’t matter too much.

Hellwolve

• Darth Kharon
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2019, 03:27 PM »
Quite curious where it'll go at any rate :)

"But they, set free from sickness and eld and toils, having fled from the deeply sounding ferry of Akheron."
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2019, 06:30 PM »

Upgraded the barrel and made it look a little more realistic. I think I’m finally happy with it!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!