Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Speargun acceptable for pistol?

• 2 Replies

Jaryn Solus

• Sometimes it's better to think rather than speak
  • Awards Special Weapons
Question - Speargun acceptable for pistol?
« on: Jul 08, 2019, 02:52 AM »
I have a question about:

Iím looking to redesign some pistols for my kit and wondered how many modifications this would require to be acceptable? (Iím looking to 3D model with a few small tweaks).

Given the simplicity of the Pulce 40 I thought this may be a good platform to start from.

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Speargun acceptable for pistol?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 08, 2019, 04:08 PM »

« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2019, 04:18 PM by Havelock » Logged
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Speargun acceptable for pistol?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 09, 2019, 12:32 PM »
There are any number of mods you could make to this if you wanted, but honestly, this is a great base for a weapon with very little modification.  The logo will need to be removed, of course.  The gun itself is unusual enough that it's only going to be recognizable to a very small percentage of people.  We suggest leaving off the spear and the barrel extension.  The brackets on the side are ideally placed for adding a side-mounted scope or some other sort of greeblie.  Overall, very little needs to be done to use this as a very swarzy blaster.

Additionally, you might want to look at this blaster for inspiration for mods for your base:

You could always add a flash hider to the barrel, or a heat sink, or, again, any number of mods.  My personal opinion is keep it simple.  This is a cool enough weapon that minimal work needs to be done to it, and it'll still look awesome with a mando kit.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!