Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

It's been a while...

• 4 Replies
It's been a while...
« on: Jul 02, 2019, 02:42 AM »
Back when I was in college, I was putting a lot of time, money, and effort on trying to join.  Well six years, 3 moves, 5 jobs, and 2 cars later......

I've been working on other projects and cosplaying on and off but nothing major. A lot of life happened.
Seeing a friend in his kit at a convention recently re-lit a spark. I'm not gonna lie, I got pretty jealous.

A lot of things have changed, but I think its finally time to make this dream a reality.
Stay tuned.

(p.s. I no longer have most of what I had been working on, so this new project will be mostly from scratch)

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
Re: It's been a while...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2019, 05:44 AM »
That's the best way to start.   New ideas, new build. 

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2019, 03:50 AM »
So here's the concept I have. I wanted it to have kind of a western/gunslinger vibe without it being overly obvious. The poncho is directly inspired by Clint Eastwood's costume from "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly." The gun belt is a hybrid of Han Solo and Arthur from RDR2 with an off-hand cavalry-style holster in the front, as well as a satchel on the left side. 

This is just a rough concept, but its what I've had bouncing around in my head for the last few days.
thoughts?

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2019, 06:36 AM »
That is solid.  I cant wait to see it come together.

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 40+ hrs of Charity Work Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2019, 04:22 AM »
As someone who regularly gets told that they give off a western vibe, I approve!

Go with lots of leather accessories when possible. Give yourself a nice drop holster with a blaster that's got a cylinder. All the little subtleties will really add up to give you a great kit. I'd like to keep an eye on this build!

Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar'gam||Privateer Brigade WIP ||Protector

MMCC #1484¦¦46 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan 
B.O.M.B. #16 ¦ B.E.A.R.D.S #97 ¦ M.A.R.S. #21

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!