Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

VERY basic question

• 5 Replies
VERY basic question
« on: Jul 10, 2019, 10:00 AM »
Basic question-- I've seen posts about using 5-gallon buckets for helmet construction (Home Depot buckets specifically). Do you actually use the bucket for the helmet or is it used as a frame around which to use another product  for the actual helmet? If the bucket actually becomes part of the helmet, do you use the scraps to make the mandible components or something else? Thanks!

Adenn'Kal

• Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Re: VERY basic question
« Reply #1 on: Jul 10, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Some use the bucket itself for building the helmet since it is already curved. They draw on it the faceplate than cut and build the cheeks.

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #2 on: Jul 10, 2019, 11:03 AM »
This is one of the tutorials I have seen on how to use a bucket to... well make a bucket.

https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=76655.0

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27
« Reply #3 on: Jul 10, 2019, 04:53 PM »
Thanks for the advice!

Kurshi BeJahaal

• I don't roll on Shabbos. ב"ה
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Celebration Anaheim 2022 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2019, 02:47 AM »
I believe I used a similar tutorial for mine. Feel free to browse my thread in my signature for ideas!  :)

MMCC #1484¦¦64 Career Invasions¦¦Rancor Clan
Helmet Scratch Build||Beskar||Privateer||Protector

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #5 on: Jul 12, 2019, 08:16 PM »
There's also this one over in the war college:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=153466.0

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!