Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jaegun's new boomstick

• 4 Replies

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Jaegun's new boomstick
« on: Jul 17, 2019, 05:06 AM »
New kit means new weapon. Not a fan of the pistols I have at the moment - rushed them, and they'll be a massive chore to finish to proper approval standards (lots of print lines in really inconvenient places, among other things). Love the idea of a scattergun-inspired blaster - going for a Pilot kit, so dealing with boarders calls for a nasty close-quarters weapon. Hard to beat a shotgun in that department.

Here's what I got:

Here's what I've done to it thus far:

Here's what I plan it to have it look like at the end:
Error 404: file not found

Body-filling comes next (screwholes and the gaps around the join between the new butt and the handle). Haven't got a concrete image in mind - I do want to keep the breech-loading mechanism operational, and cut away a little bit of the space between the barrels so it'll accomodate some kind of power cell. Then I can have a few on my belt as extra greeblies.

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports Most invasions trooped in 2017
Re: Jaegun's new boomstick
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2019, 07:41 AM »
Work on this is slow, but I'm getting there - the flow of ideas is more of a trickle at the moment  :laugh:

Screwholes and gaps have been successfully filled & sanded. 3d-printed some side greeblies, which are superglued in. Cut down a plastic ruler and glued it to the top of the barrels - there's a small void at the front that needs filling and sanding now.
New hand-guard will need filling and sanding to join to what's left of the original guard. The other side of it is also hollow, so it'll need body filling all the way along to make it seem solid like this side is.
The hole at the base of the handle goes all the way through - thinking of maybe threading some kind of small trophy braid through it.
Then I just need to figure out how I'm gonna build up around the breach so that it'll still function, but look more Star Wars-y. Something box-like, but without bulking it out too much so it'll still be suitably-sized for a Pilot.

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 07:47 AM by Jaegun Clark » Logged

Kad Kyryc

• Yes. My helmet is a cake.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2019, 02:46 PM »
Where did you get that? I'm thinking about a shotgun for my kit. That looks great for my purposes.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.

Jaegun Clark

• #ISCsAreMandosToo
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Where did you get that? I'm thinking about a shotgun for my kit. That looks great for my purposes.

Found it at an op shop - only cost me $5!

Kad Kyryc

• Yes. My helmet is a cake.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2019, 02:13 AM »
Thank you! I'll see if I can find it. I might not, due to the fact that I live on the other side of the planet from you.  :laugh:

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!