Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Sling pack concept

• 1 Replies
Sling pack concept
« on: Jul 13, 2019, 08:25 AM »
So I am about to start making my first set of armor and I was considering a backpack. However, there are a few things about my concept that may hinder a standard pack. First I want a cloak that attaches to both shoulders so the pack should keep the cloak from clumping too much, and also I want to be able to remove it easily so I can sit down comfortably.

My idea was to use a sling backpack, but with an extra strap designed to go under the arm of the shoulder it is sitting on and strap across the chest. Essentially making a Y shape. It would keep the bag sturdy in place while I can route it under the cloak so it doesn't keep the cloak pinned to me.

However I am unsure if I am allowed to have straps going over my armor. If not, is there some way to mount it to the sides of my armor, such as clips, that would by easy to attach and detach for myself?

Asyer

• "If you're good at something, never do it for free
Re: Sling pack concept
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2019, 10:50 AM »
I would attach extra ammo cartridges and pouches to your straps. Gives them a purpose for being there besides keeping your pack in place.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!