Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit Build : Heavy Assault

• 1 Replies
First Kit Build : Heavy Assault
« on: Jun 28, 2017, 08:30 PM »
Hey everybody!

So I'm getting my first kit going and would greatly appreciate some feedback to make sure everything's ok, so don't hold back.

I'm going for Heavy assault brigade and naturally am aiming for a strong, angular look overall, with a futuristic feel and minimal weathering. I plan to make a Westar 35 pistol out of Sintra for the gun, and a leather holster for it. The armor itself will be made from Sintra as well, and tailored scrubs for the flight suit. I'm mixing legacy style chest and ab plates with "normal"/boba pieces for the rest, and double shoulder pads to add to the heavy look. I'm also doing a Kama in place of butt armor and a loincloth in addition to the codpiece. I've already made the flak vest, it's navy blue and stops at my belly button.

I'm also looking to use a voice-altering microphone/speaker device for talking in the helmet and to add to the aesthetic, I saw a mando from Concordia Clan with something like that and it was AWESOME.

These are the 2 color schemes I'm playing with. The base color is the same slate blue/gunmetal grey color on both, choosing between the light blue or the gold accent color. Sorry about slight differences between the two, the final will have the gun holster and have the chest and ab plates of the blue accented one.

Questions:
Firstly, is it possible to use something like this for the neck seal? Like a lycra balaclava or tight scarf or buff?

Secondly, do you have to have a girth belt underneath the utility belt/is it worth it to make one?

Lastly, I've already sort of started the helmet, it's medium weight chipboard covered in one layer of fiberglass resin at the moment. No ears added yet, that's the next step. I have elected not to include a rangefinder, on the basis of I'm pretty sure it's not required for heavy assault brigade and well, it's hard. Not to turn this into a WIP, but opinions are appreciated.

Re: First Kit Build : Heavy Assault
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27, 2019, 07:19 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the progress on this

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!