Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Miridala A'dika WIP

• 16 Replies

Mirdala Ad'ika

• Resident Squirrelbrain , Mandalorian Therapist
  • Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan Growth
Miridala A'dika WIP
« on: Aug 01, 2019, 11:21 AM »
Hello all,

I was the KY noob needing a hand post but I guess I need an actual thread for my WIP. So a little background info, my Mandoa name means Clever Girl, which was given to me while sharing some ideas in our Blue Moon Clan build chat.

The theme of my build is in reverence to Kylo Ren, not reference, actual Reverence. My girl's backstory is that she was a force sensitive Mandalorian who was training at Luke Skywalker's school with Ben Solo. When Ben rebelled, she supported him, however declined the invitation to join the Knights of Ren in order to return home and complete training as a bounty hunter instead. Once her training was complete she fashioned her armor to show her allegiance to Kylo Ren. She mostly takes contracts directly from him or ones that he deems appropriate on behalf of the first order. When not in service to Kylo she makes her way taking various freelance jobs across the galaxy that require her unique set of Force fueled skills and weaponry.

With that said, the kit is utilizing scavenged parts from a 501st approved Force Awakens Kylo Ren in addition to parts that follow the same textures. I will update with pictures as I go along, I have just a few of parts and bucket work. My clan has been helping me convert the Rubies Jango 2 piece.  :mtu:  :porg2:

Kol Varek

• Beanpole (Formerly Kol Var'Das)
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Miridala A'dika WIP
« Reply #1 on: Aug 01, 2019, 11:29 AM »
7commenting to follow.

If you insist on wielding a hammer, you better be sure you can correctly identify a nail.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Sounds interesting! Following as well, I like characters with backstories! Even though mine doesn't have one yet...  ;D

Mirdala Ad'ika

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2023. Award for 25 official invasions. Award for 10 official invasions. Clan Growth
Miridala A'dika WIP
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2019, 08:52 PM »
Sooooo yeah it's been quite a while without any updates so there is a ton to note and all the pictures attached here are from several months spread out random parts acquisitions and attempts at construction.  This post will serve as the catchup to speed post with all the pics leading up to this week. This week has been light speed developments. Of course everything I have done so far as been with consultation of my Clan command staff and review with my Rus. (Blue Moon Clan).
The album also includes reference pics for inspiration, a few Mando family armor party pics and failed attempts.

Miridala A'dika Album

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJcdeGM

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 09:45 PM by AphraReyWren » Logged

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #4 on: Nov 05, 2019, 09:38 PM »

« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2019, 09:44 PM by AphraReyWren » Logged

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2019, 10:25 AM »
Visor has not been glued in yet, its just cut and shaped to fit. Plates are temporarily mounted in order to assess spacing.

75453555_1675344139267231_8288369583639756800_n by Lindsay Bertrand, on Flickr

74582730_967292736975580_6512668836041326592_n by Lindsay Bertrand, on Flickr

Mirdala Ad'ika

TheEnglishMerc

• Why Carry A Weapon When You Can Be A Weapon
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Thats looking really good, a fan of westar 34s (although I am myself going with an E-11) love the theme and backstory, good luck with the build.

« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2019, 09:25 AM by TheEnglishMerc » Logged

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2019, 02:58 AM »
Well, I'm finally done. I submitting everything to my Rus, updated my WIP flickr and everything. Now I'm going to bed, and maybe later I can get the stuff done that I have been putting off so I could finish this damn thing!  :porg2:  :jango: I started my initial sketches and research in March of this year. Completed and submitted pics as of 11/9/19

74419333_2286244134947535_7241177469347168256_n by Lindsay Bertrand, on Flickr

App Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJfLprJ

WIP Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmJcdeGM

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2019, 07:32 AM »
An interesting build!
I think the backstory is pretty cool, but I'm kinda biased towards a well thought out tale. And glad to see you're working with your Ruus and clan (give Abbie a hug for me, next time!).

Good luck, and good hunting!

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2019, 11:06 AM »
An interesting build!
I think the backstory is pretty cool, but I'm kinda biased towards a well thought out tale. And glad to see you're working with your Ruus and clan (give Abbie a hug for me, next time!).

Good luck, and good hunting!

WERE YOU AT CINCY EXPO???? I was there trooping from Bluegrass Garrison as Doctor Aphra, but I was also Correllian Base Admiral Holdo, and my Mashup Progressive Flo Leia. I was on throne duty most of the weekend. Lol I'll definitely hug Abbie, she's my Mando Mama, her and Ryan have been amazing and have helped me every step of the way.  Our group build chat with other noob mando blue moon clan builders has been vital in getting everything done and trying to stick to the CRLs the best we can.

Straka Zulu

• Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Donated four quarters of 2024. Awarded to individuals with at least 40 hours recorded of Invasion service in a 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Award for 25 official invasions.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2019, 11:43 AM »
Yeah, we were there. ;D
Your Dr. Aphra is pretty badshebs,  vod! :like: :like:

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2020, 10:24 PM »
Ok so I have done a lot more work on my kit since my last posts. Shaped my chest plates better, installed magnets for better attachment and fit.

http://imgur.com/a/u7LFkGj

Not to mention I need to tweak my back story some due to the new Rise Of Kylo Ren comics and Episode 9.

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2020, 12:40 AM »
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17MXYFcPXIq1rjpeaGVBpcjCscnOSFZEw

This is the latest of my WIP efforts. I have been working with my Ruus, and Veralor as well as a friend on the app team to address all of the items on the fix list from the pre app team. I think I finally have it all sorted out and took new photos today at a troop with the clan and 501st. :jango:

Straka Zulu

« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Nice progress!  And nice to see the wrapped parts of the elastic on the shin plates!

Mirdala Ad'ika

« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2020, 03:07 PM »
Thank you very much! My Ruus and Ver gave me the go ahead and I submitted my application early this morning so I'm crossing my fingers!

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2020, 09:36 AM »
Good luck for the app!  :sabine:

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!