Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Jango Fett 2 piece for twi'lek

• 5 Replies

Raeza

Jango Fett 2 piece for twi'lek
« on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:31 PM »
So I'm thinking of taking my build a step further and doing a twi'lek, and I was wondering if the jango 2 piece would be a good idea since it comes in two pieces already and might be easier to cut and shape. Anyone try this?

Raeza

Re: Jango Fett 2 piece for twi'lek
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:37 PM »
Also considering a togruta, but not sure I can manage the tendrils and lekku.

NegativeEleven

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2020, 12:44 AM »
I think you're still gonna use the dome and ear mounts of the back half, but the J2P is known for being thin plastic, so it will be pretty easy to remove what you need. Just be careful to reinforce the dome parts you use cause you'll lose even more structural strength when you start taking away plastic and once it can flex a little, you'll be repainting all the time.

Looking forward to seeing another twi'lek build though. Good luck.

MMCC - #1151 "El Evan" Modern Era
             - MVS #61
501st Legion
   - TB-11110 Biker Scout
   - BH-11110 RotJ Boba Fett
The Finest (G.I.Joe Costume Club)
   - Viper
   - Copperhead
   - Lamprey

Raeza

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:33 PM »
I think you're still gonna use the dome and ear mounts of the back half, but the J2P is known for being thin plastic, so it will be pretty easy to remove what you need. Just be careful to reinforce the dome parts you use cause you'll lose even more structural strength when you start taking away plastic and once it can flex a little, you'll be repainting all the time.

Looking forward to seeing another twi'lek build though. Good luck.

How do you recommend reinforcing it?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:51 PM »
At least one layer of fiberglass mat and resin on the inside of the dome.

Raeza

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2020, 05:01 PM »
I actually decided to go with a 2nd hand helmet I had, I'm not sure what it's made of though. I was nervous to cut a full helmet up but it came out pretty good actually!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!