Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Face mask ideas anyone?

• 5 Replies

Leira

Face mask ideas anyone?
« on: Jul 12, 2020, 06:49 PM »
Hey guys! I live in South Florida and as of now, there should be *fingers crossed* a convention Halloween weekend in Orlando. Based on how things are going, I'm assuming face masks will be required or strongly recommended. Has anyone put any thought into designing a mask to go with your costume? Has anyone made one yet? I thought it may be fun to see some designs!

I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0

jethroskull

• Awards Donated four quarters of 2024. Donated four quarters of 2023.
Re: Face mask ideas anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2020, 08:04 PM »
Here in the left coast your bucket is valid “face covering.”
If you do have to wear one under you could paint some armour styled lines (think Asohka’s outfit in Season 7) or mando’a script, maybe some dragon’s teeth... go wild!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2020, 12:56 AM »
To add, I believe the national recommendation is "face covering".  I was just about to suggest a simple balaclava, likely a part of your costume anyways.  My wife, a nurse, just said that your bucket is actually a perfectly fine barrier as long as it's worn.  It's really no different from the plastic faceshields in use at many hospitals right now.

Kevin Brown | "Kayelbe"
TB-21398 (Lancer) Dune Sea Garrison, 501st Legion (Reserve)
Armor Concept
Helmet WIP
Weaponry
Soft Goods WIP

Leira

« Reply #3 on: Jul 14, 2020, 06:09 PM »
I hear ya about the bucket but I know if I'm lucky enough to get a con, I won't be wearing it for 8 hours. I'm assuming we need a back up. I have seen some that are the bottom half of Boba's helmet but that seems odd in costume.

I was thinking some Mando'a would be cool. I'm already integrating Mando'a into some custom 3D printed items. Sarlacc teeth could be awesome!

Balaclava is a great suggestion too, easy peasy

Could always go full Immortan Joe!

I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2020, 09:18 PM »
What about a neck seal that could be folded up to cover your mouth/face?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2020, 09:10 PM »
To add, I believe the national recommendation is "face covering".  I was just about to suggest a simple balaclava, likely a part of your costume anyways.  My wife, a nurse, just said that your bucket is actually a perfectly fine barrier as long as it's worn.  It's really no different from the plastic faceshields in use at many hospitals right now.

In fact, those plastic faceshields are often used (in combination with tint film) to make visors for Mando buckets. :)

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!