Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom Legacy armor approvability?

• 1 Replies

Jemdar

• Live Free, don't Join.
Custom Legacy armor approvability?
« on: May 17, 2020, 09:43 AM »
So I came across a rather interesting rigid motocross vest on the interwebs, and it got me thinking that it may serve as an excellent  base for a Legacy style chest piece. I think the shape is unique and would fit my body type rather well, and it's certainly structurally sound enough to hold all the plates in place. I think the kidney armor is a pretty interesting feature, but could easily be removed if it isn't appropriate. I also like the fact that it is more of a 3D shape with depth to it, which is my reason for avoiding traditional modern style plates; I don't like how thin and flimsy they look. Below is an image of the original with the outlines of the plates I want to make and attach, as well as a VERY rough mockup of what it may look like. I would also build a collar piece to fullfill the CRL requirements. The plates would be layered on top of one another. I would also of course incorporate leather to replace some of the webbing, as well as swap any buckles/hardware for appropriate metal versions. Thoughts? I'm not sure how else to check for approval without nagging a moderator.

"I suggest you get behind me. Wouldn't wanna ruin that fancy uniform."

Unon Dhul

• Awards Shock Infantry Brigade Member Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Custom Legacy armor approvability?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 10:29 AM »
For legacy I would make sure the collar and chest have no gaps. It will also help you wear and move in it if the abdomen area is separate so the chest is overlapping it. Also with those sharp angles you’ll want the rest of your armor to match. The NME Stalker helmet would be closest helmet-wise to match I think.

"You're still good to me dead."

- Unon Dhul #1745

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!