Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Mandalorian Scent...

• 4 Replies
Mandalorian Scent...
« on: Sep 02, 2019, 01:16 AM »
Not sure where this fits in, but I think this category is the closest.
  Has anyone ever tried wearing cologne or perfume to give off a musky scent, something like what your mandalorian would smell like? like another layer of cosplay.
 I found an Etsy store that sells "Cosplay Scents", they have over 100 scents and some are very interesting, in the info for each scent theres a suggestion for cosplay characters that would go good with the scent and lists the different smells that are used in it. Theres a scent called Mercenary that suggests to use it with Boba Fett, Jango Fett, and other Mandalorians.
 I'm not sure what the rules are on this sort of thing, but I thought I'd try some and ordered a sample pack to try 3 scents. I'm in no way trying to promote the store or anything, it's just something unique I came across and thought I'd share.

"You may have a quick witt... but my trigger finger is quicker." -Kei' Lyk

Please excuse the old SWG Signature, It's my concept armor. I'll take out the SWG stuff in it when I get PS load

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
Re: Mandalorian Scent...
« Reply #1 on: Sep 02, 2019, 12:11 PM »
I considered developing a unique scent for each of my kits, and I came up with:
Saddle soap for my Medieval Mando
Kerosene and fresh cut grass for my rebel pilot Mando
Woodsmoke for my Force Hunter Mando

The idea of adding a layer of smell to a costume is a pretty good one. :)

« Reply #2 on: Sep 02, 2019, 04:14 PM »
I too like this idea but may go for a more natural way of obtaining it.  Like standing around a fire to get the smokey smell.

Cabur Akaata Member #178; Oribru Akaata #46; Grey Brigade/OT Guard #73; (Veteran/ Fire/ EMS/ Old Guy)

Prini Nibal

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ invasions in 2018 Beastmaster Brigade Member 15+ clan level invasions
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:17 PM »
If you like essential oils you can use blends or custom recipes on a wool ball like you'd use in your dryer and put it in your kit box. Voila, kit box smells good and character scent. I use Tuberose.

Bucket's on I'm smiling!
Kyrimorut Clan |Official Invasions- 8| M.V.S #60 |The Mandalorian Cavalry #12|M5 #95| OM#1961
Nic's WIP 
[url=http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=145833.0] Nik's Beast Hunter WIP
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2020, 11:57 PM »
honestly...i wouldn't really do this if you're going to a con or something, just because of how many people tend to have allergies or breathing issues as it is. i just avoid wearing anything heavily scented in public in general though aha

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!