Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Spookyrumba's Future Kit Plans

• 13 Replies
Spookyrumba's Future Kit Plans
« on: Sep 03, 2019, 02:41 AM »
Hey everyone!

So officially I'm working towards OM status with my Season 4 Sabine build.... but my brain wouldn't shut up last night after I fell down a rabbit hole of reading forum threads so I started sketching and, well. It was game over for me at that point  :laugh: So anyways, for now I'm focusing on Sabine (WIP thread here, I haven't posted since last year but I've started working on stuff this weekend so updates soon hopefully!) BUT, I couldn't not share these plans because now I'm SUPER HYPED! Having this in the lineup for after Sabine is gonna be even more motivation to get up to snuff quickly! :D

Full kit plan:

Flight suit/flak vest plan (*NOTE: the red lines are just to indicate where I'll be inserting an invisible zipper, they won't acutally be red! Also, in case you can't read my notes: the short sleeves are a separate shirt layer (or maybe a double sleeve on the flight suit) and NOT part of the flak vest!)

Excuse the derpy smiley face, I couldn't be bothered to draw a real face. The whole look is vaguely Nite Owl inspired, but with my own flair (and some weird fun blocking on the flight suit a la Clan Wren - actually, is the blocking even approvable?) Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing what other people think of this concept!

Re: Spookyrumba's Future Kit Plans
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2019, 04:12 AM »
That looks super cool! Love the design

Vor'en Marr

• Vor'en Marr
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Shock Infantry Brigade Member
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Lovin the look of this. So many different ideas from the colour scheme to segmented backplate. Watching this one with interest.

MMCC OM #1437 |MMCC Brigade #198| B.O.M.B #069 | MiB #018| B.O.O.M #027

Silas_Garr

• When in doubt, destroy everything.
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2019, 10:39 PM »
This is a really cool concept! Commenting to follow!  :cookie:

"I am a warrior. A warrior may retreat. He does not flee. He may lie in ambush. He does not hide. He may experience victory or defeat. He does not cease to serve."   - Grand Admiral Thrawn
My First Non-Star Wars Cosplay!
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=169226.0

Erio J'uni

• Trust me. All you are to me is a paycheck!
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2019, 02:37 AM »
That looks amazing!  I love it and have GOT to see this one finished!

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 150 troops Celebration Chicago
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2019, 11:38 AM »
That concept looks awesome!

Official Invasions: 233
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2019, 10:06 PM »
Update:

Thanks everyone! So Sabine progress has been slow, which means I've been doodling more ideas for this kit in my spare time (updates on that are coming soon, I swear). This is not technically "armor" concepts since it's just gonna be (some of) her loadout, but I didn't want to start a new thread for just more concept/planning art of the same kit so \_(ツ)_/ Happy to move if mods don't think it's in the right place!

Anyways, not sure if these (the blaster specifically) are swarzy enough? Blaster base is gonna be a nerf gun (I know those are frowned upon but this is a future build that I have time to rework anyway, heh) I had lying around. Disassembled it and flipped some pieces around and painted over the photo to make the concept. I could use more ideas if it doesn't look swarzy enough. Real excited to build the vibroblade though!

Erio J'uni

• Awards Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 Celebration Chicago
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Looks like a Nerf Sharpfire.  It's a good start but will still need some modding.  It's very close to the Jyn Erso blaster in Rogue 1.  That may be an easier path if that's the profile you're going for.

MMCC #899 | B.O.M.B. #1 - The Bomb'alor | M.A.J.I.C. #132 | K.O.M.S. #17 | B.O.O.M. #11 | The IT-Mando Society #11 | Grey Brigade #59
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2019, 12:32 AM »
Huh. It started out as a Nerf Rival Kronos so I figured it had changed significantly enough. What kinds of further mods would you suggest? I'm pretty determined not to buy any premade pieces so the alternative is scratch building it, I suppose.

Erio J'uni

« Reply #9 on: Sep 09, 2019, 02:15 AM »
Wow! Great job making it not look like the Kronos!  With the Kronos as the base you've succeeded.

Vexos

• Because we must.
  • Awards 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 150 troops Celebration Chicago
« Reply #10 on: Sep 09, 2019, 11:10 AM »

Official Invasions: 233
Official Member #1132
Force Hunter/ Brigade Member #291
Manda'galaar Clan
« Reply #11 on: Sep 09, 2019, 12:28 PM »
Thanks for the link, Vexos! Saved for reference :)

Fragowump

• Victor Robles OM# 1937
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2019, 01:16 AM »
Really love the concept on all of it, cant wait to see physical progress, esp on the fabric work.

following with interest

Perpetually confused
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Brigade Wip: Heavy Melee

J'Khara Vontess

• Ever heard of shock and awe? You're looking at it
  • Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018 40+ hrs of Charity Work
« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2019, 10:09 AM »
Wow! That is amazing concept art! Really can't wait to see this come together!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!