Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Custom rifle, AKA ABR-18

• 3 Replies

Vinthiz

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
Custom rifle, AKA ABR-18
« on: Sep 07, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Hey Vode, I've been working on this build for a while and I'm finally getting around to posting it! I'm calling this thing the ABR-18 aka Automatic Blaster Rifle for reason that will be semi obvious with this pic

Yup, that is a BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle), more specifically the FN model D version. I figured this thing looked Swarzy enough to be a pretty cool base. So I started with the receiver, and after being able to actually measure a BAR receiver I found that it was exactly 1.5" thick, so I made it out of a 2x10

I decided to have the stock and receiver as one piece to give it some strength.

After shaping the stock

This is the setup I used, it gives you quite a bit of control, but oh boy do you need to wear PPE lol dust EVERYWHERE  :laugh:

My first mockup after making the barrel/gas tube, pistol grip, magazine, and the block that the barrel and gas tube will sit in. You can also see some of the short mags I will also be making, they will be held on by magnets so I can swap them out. Now the front portio  doesnt look exactly like the FN version because I borrowed this part from the Colt R75 version

This model here. However that is pretty much the only bit I am taking from this guy. Another thing I am doing to make this beast easier to transport is making the barrel/gas tube removable.

Everything all glued together minus barrel because removable, and bondo *shutters*  :laugh: also you can see the scope I'm using, this guy

It's an old red dot from the 70s and I think looks properly star wars!

And here it after some detail added. Still have a bit of work to do, but it is moving right along! Let me know what ya'll think!

« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2019, 07:10 PM by Vinthiz » Logged
"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Fragowump

• Victor Robles OM# 1937
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
Re: Custom rifle, AKA ABR-18
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2019, 12:12 AM »
Both the original and your wip are gorgeous and I am very excited to see this finished, how's the weight on it as it is?

Perpetually confused
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Brigade Wip: Heavy Melee
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2019, 02:18 PM »
OOh I am liking this! Lovely work so far.

Vinthiz

• Awards Award for 25 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2019, 02:39 AM »
Waddup frag! This thing is so light it's nuts, maybe around 3 pounds as it sits

Thanks Black-Aura!

I've also got another bit in the works for the muzzle, but I'll post that up once I've got it done  ;)

"Nice blaster, it's a start. So what do you do with your free hand? Fix your hair, strike a pose, or is your aim so shaky you need two?" -Gen Vizla

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!