Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First Kit (WIP) - Legacy Armor

• 3 Replies
First Kit (WIP) - Legacy Armor
« on: Sep 27, 2019, 03:09 PM »
Hi Everyone,
I am working on my first kit and am getting started on the armor. I got my templates cut out for the front plates and before a proceed any further I'd love some feedback on sizing.

Personally I feel it has to be shifted up a bit and/or modify the collar plate a bit but I'm pretty happy with the way it fits.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

If you are interested here are links to my concept and ongoing helmet builds:
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=174119.msg2027999#msg2027999
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=175015.msg2034693#msg2034693

Happy hunting everyone!

Sep Ho'ban

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Special Operations Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions
Re: First Kit (WIP) - Legacy Armor
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2019, 03:21 PM »
Definitely need to shift everything up. The top of the collar should be resting on the top of your t-shirt collar, right against the skin of your throat. 

When you reach out in front of you and clasp your hands together, does the paper wrinkle? If so, your plates are probably a bit too wide. 

They should end an inch or so above your navel, as long as that also allows you some mobility in terms of bending over.

Great first paper pics though! I look a lot dorkier in my first set :)

Sep

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Yeah, the top tans of the collar plate were designed to curve over the top of your shoulders. :)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34
"Let's never forget that we're here to have fun in this hobby, first and foremost; none of this spaceman suit stuff is real, and it means very little to the outside world. Never take yourself too seriously playing dress-up, because no one else does...it's all about perspective." - Ol'Varticus

Ruus bal'Neta

• "Family is more than blood. This is the way."
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Award for 75 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances 15+ clan level invasions 15+ invasions in 2018
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Stand naturally. Not slouching but not fully upright, stiff back, shoulders back. Stand how you would normally. You won't be standing fully stiff and straight when trooping and if you build your armor to that position you'll be uncomfortable as all heck. So relax your shoulders, loosen your back a bit and be comfortable.

The top center of the collar plate should sit right at your collarbone at the neck, almost choking you but not actually choking you.

Also the plates all look way too wide. I'd take at least an inch off the sides to start. You have almost 100% full frontal coverage and while that's probably a good thing in actual combat, from a comfort level your range of motion will be severely limited.  You want to be able to bring your arms across your chest to almost cross your arms. As mentioned above, if you bring your arms together and the template scrunches up they are too wide.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!