Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Movable Rangefinder

• 2 Replies
Movable Rangefinder
« on: Oct 06, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Hi, I've read through the CRLs and not seen any mention of having to have a rangefinder that pivots. Am I right in thinking that it would be ok to keep it static? I'm assembling my 3D printed helmet now and can't find a way to get around the static stalk that they had in their designs.

Fenris Claddanna

• Chaotic Fun
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
Re: Movable Rangefinder
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Keeping the RF static is entirely approvable. The only requirement as far as RF's go for custom kits is if an RF is used, then the correct ear cap must be in place. Outside of that, if you want to do a static RF, dual RFs, no RFs, flip the RF to the other side of the bucket, make it into a comm antenna, you can. Canon/Legends kits would fall under their respective "make it look like the picture" CRLs, however. If you are building a Canon/Legends kit, static RF's are still fine.

Oyacyir mav, ash'amur pirusti

OM#1624
Kyrimorut#021:KMB# 32:B.E.A.R.D.S#128:W.B. #08:MTS#082:M.M.R.S#017
Re: Movable Rangefinder
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2019, 04:20 AM »
I wouldn't go permanently gluing the rangefinder in place though.
1- for travel i disconnect mine so there is no chance it can be broken off in transit.
2- in the future you may want to motorise it.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!