Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

1st Build.. Early Era.. now WIP

• 4 Replies

Borttrob

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din.-Family is more than blood.
1st Build.. Early Era.. now WIP
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 11:49 AM »
After careful deliberation, I have decided to go with an Early Era kit.  The plan is to be straight melee with a modified mythosaur axe. Helmet will be slightly elongated in the mandible area with tusk like appendages, also will have to horizontal, close laying horns and a spike mohawk down the center, with slight bony protrusions around the side.  Debating on making a ridge protrusion around the mid crown area. The chest will be a lighter weight armor with heavier attached to it.  Gauntlets will be offensive/defensive style, with my right having spikes while the left has fewer spikes, but an attached bone style defensive blocker. Knees will be "turtle" shell typewith ridges.  Shins will also have a solitary spike with attached boot covers with a similar style "turtle" shell shield. I also plan on a kama, and loin cloth from light weight leather, that has some battle damage. 

I hope the pictures actually load, this is my first time uploading to a forum.  If they do, please pay no attention to my...ahem.."professional drawing ability" ..... :laugh:

Looking forward to the feedback and to getting this build going.

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2019, 04:18 PM by Borttrob » Logged

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
Re: 1st Build.. Early Era
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 12:44 PM »
Ambitious, I love it. Can't wait to watch it start coming together.

Borttrob

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 09:59 PM »
I was thinking about my weapon, would an actual wood shaft be admissable on my axe or should I shoot for more of a synthetic pole?

Wolfin Sylvermane

• We are only Immortal for a limited time.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2019, 09:11 PM »
I think you will be fine with a wood shaft.  The only problem may be con standards but I'm not sure on that.

Borttrob

Re: 1st Build.. Early Era.. now WIP
« Reply #4 on: Oct 10, 2019, 09:41 PM »
OK, sounds good. I'm going to push on with the wood idea...at least for the app process. Maybe make a more con friendly weapon after my kit starts coming along more. :porg1:   

So after busy days and gathering some supplies, I have finally started actual work on my kit.  Unfortunately, I'm at work right now, so pictures will come a bit later. Slow progress is still progress!

It begins, scratch built helmet coming along.

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2019, 11:35 AM by Borttrob » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!