Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

New Canon "The Mandalorian"

• 6 Replies
New Canon "The Mandalorian"
« on: Oct 15, 2019, 10:41 PM »
I know we still have a little bit before this comes out on Disney+, but I am starting now to fabricate weapons (I have already 3d printed parts for the rifle) and am in the process of doing to the pistol.  I will soon be following up with the armor and soft goods, less the helmet, which I will purchase from Anovos, and is in production now (I am on the pre-order list).

So, my question is, I don't see any information listed here for this set.  Is anyone working on a CRL or anything else for it?  Or am I blazing the path?

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
Re: New Canon "The Mandalorian"
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2019, 01:06 PM »
CRLs for new canon costumes usually are published after the end of the season of the show in which they appear.  That shouldn't stop you from getting started on your build, because unless you're a super-speed builder, there will be plenty of time between the CRL publication and you finishing the build. As long as you're accurate to the visual references already seen, you'll probably be one of the earliest approved ones unless Anovos takes a stupidly long time to get the helmet out.

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2019, 05:28 PM »
Sounds like a plan.  I won't let it hold me up then.  I intend to be as accurate as possible.

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2019, 08:53 AM »
less the helmet, which I will purchase from Anovos,

Anovos is notorious for taking years to actually ship pre-orders.

Kol Hokan

• Armor does not make a warrior, spirit does.
  • Awards Special Weapons Award for 75 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:49 PM »
I would strongly caution you against purchasing from Anovos.  They have a F rating with the Better Business Bureau, have a 1 out of 5 star average review, and literally take years to ship orders - sometimes even canceling orders without warning.  Also, while they claim their Mandalorian helmet is a 3d scan of the helmet, having closely compared their promotional images of the helmet with the helmet that was on display at D23, there are several small inconsistencies.

Alex Cole .... Clan: Concordia .... CAT#: 0787 .... Brigade#: 278
Concordia Clan Ruus'alor Sol'yc 2018-2019
Concordia Clan Alor'ad 2013-2016
Brigade Marshal 2014-2016
501st: BH-11628 .... TDE: #175 .... RL: Resistance Pilot - Screaming Porgs Squadron
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2019, 10:43 PM »
Okay, that is two marks against Anovos.  So I guess it is good thing that I have not paid for it yet, and just got on the pre-order list.  Under the guidance that was set forth when I pre-ordered I will have 48 hours to pay for my order when they send me a notification that it is going to ship or they will cancel.  So now, I need to 3d print off a helmet, and work on that aspect of the costume, if I am to do my own thing.

Straka Zulu

• Ke nu'chayaiki ni, gar kar'tayli ner bora...
  • Awards Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Orlando 2017
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2019, 09:51 AM »
You're better off cancelling the order, and printing it yourself.  1) It'll be cheaper in the long run, and 2) You'll actually have it before the decade is over.

MMCC # 1126, W.B. #000 (founder), MAJIC #152, M5SP #19, L.O.B. #5, S.O.S. #007, MIB #13, QMU Support #44, Draluram #006

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!