Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Segmented collar plates

• 1 Replies

Corbin Das

• Keeper of the Killer Penny
Question - Segmented collar plates
« on: Nov 04, 2019, 10:51 PM »
I have a question about:

Because my collar plate binds on my inner arms, I'm wanting to segment it. I understand that for modern era, segmented collar plates must have similar spacing to the body plates.

What I'm wanting to do though would be to incorporate a center plate that looks like a blast collar, and have it overlap the two outer plates. See attached picture. Please note that the vest it's on it not my flak vest. That's just what I had on the dummy.

My thought was that if I incorporated trauma plates on the rest of the armor, the center collar section could be made to appear as just another trauma plate, on a seemingly non-segmented collar plate.

I understand Legacy allows for plates to overlap. It's not my intention to go for a Legacy style however, as I'm trying to get as wide a coverage on my torso as I can with this armor (having a 49" chest).

If I have to, I can redesign the center piece to have gaps. I just wasn't sure it would lay right.

Thanks

Havelock

• The Motivat'alor | I've got a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Segmented collar plates
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2019, 05:29 PM »
Your proposed trauma/gap-bridging plate should work just fine.  Without the bridging plate, that gap is too large to fit the aesthetics of the rest of the torso, but with the plate, it looks like it will work quite nicely.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett | Mk I | Mk II | Havelock Fiction | Invasions - 23

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!