Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Rii'Gel the Force seeker- the first WIP

• 7 Replies
Rii'Gel the Force seeker- the first WIP
« on: Nov 10, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Hello there  :mtu: ,
So, I decided it's finally time to commit my mandalorian girl to live, and make her costume. Also this gonna be my very first armor costume, so it's gonna be interesting. Let me introducer her at short. Rii'gel, who lives at the time of the Empire, has always that feeling there's something special about her. As long there's no Jedi order, she has to discover her powers and ways of the Force all by herself. Now she's traveling throught the galaxy, to seek for the traces of the Force on the old worlds like Jedha...

So now to the WIP. This is my concept art, there's few things missing (like blaster) but that's just a few details. I didn't want to have a common mandalorian armor, so I experimented a bit (my inspiration was Sabine Wren's style). I'm gonna use a two pices "flightsuit". The pants will be a little baggy and there will be a shoe bandage to the knees (same as ANH Luke Skywalker has on his shoes). Another part that is not classic is the top, there won't be long sleevs, but where short sleeves ends there will start bandage, which will be on whole arm (something like Rey has). Rest of the costume will be more classic. Armor parts (only gauntlet armor parts, I want to have them in Clone Wars style), belts, cape. So here comes my first question- do you think guys, this could be approveable? Or if not, what shoudl I change?

The situation of progress is that I already have my helmet (3D printed) ready for colour, now I'm gonna work on amor parts (Im'm gonna use classic PVC boards). Soft parts are also nearly done. I have my "flightsuit", the bandages, boots, gauntlets, and I found fabric for cape I really like!

This is all from me for now, I'm gonna post the picture about these stuff I talked about.  :)

Aden Banto

• Out of my entire arsenal, fear is my best weapon.
Re: Rii'Gel the Force seeker- the first WIP
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2019, 11:45 AM »
Hello and welcome! The concept you've created and story looks and sounds great!
In regards to your use of clone trooper gauntlets in your build, this is allowed. There are actually several approved members here that use clone trooper gaunts on their kits. The bandolier (ammo sling) looks great.

I look forward to seeing more progress!

Aden  :vizsla:

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2019, 03:35 PM »
Looks really cool! I love it when people draw their own concepts, it looks like it's going to be a great

3ddyb

• Omax Rak
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2019, 01:59 AM »
I'm super interested in seeing where this goes, and that backstory makes me want to dig out Edge of the Empire... :8):

"An artist by nature,  a monster by necessity..."
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2019, 08:24 AM »
Thanks everyone for compliments!  :<3: Because I had to work on my other costume for 501st, the all I did on my Mando is the gun (DL 44). But meanwhile I started thinking about the concept and change some things. The biggest change is chest armor. I would like to have chest armor same as The Mandalorian from the first chapter. Is it possible by costume requierments?

« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2019, 06:07 PM »
I don't think you can copy something from that specific Mandalorian, but you could probably have something similar. I might buy a replica from his helmet though, (And highly modify it of course) or 3d print one... good luck and have a good new year!

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2019, 06:14 PM »
and bare in mind c.r.l.'s will require you to have a collar plate.  ;)

« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:21 AM »
Okay, I guess then I will keep the classic chest  (maybe upgrade it sometime later). It still have not much time to work on my armor, but at the last I prepared
DL 44 ready to colour. Also in the picture are the unfinished gauntlets (clonetrooper phase 1) and helmet (also prepared for colour).

And there is fabric for the cape- I made a little change from previous concept- First time I wanted blank brown colour cape, but then I randomly saw in the shop this fabric with stripes and totally loved it. I just gives me that Jedha desert feel which I want to have on my mando. Strips are vertically on the cape. Also it's gonna be little bit longer, it ends above my ankles (but it will be probably still torn at the ends).

This gonna be probably last update until february, then I hope I'll have a more time on my armor!

« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2020, 10:12 AM by Kali Rigel » Logged

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!