Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Bo Katan Wip

• 13 Replies

vaderqueenzamora

• "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore."
Bo Katan Wip
« on: Nov 16, 2019, 02:59 AM »
Hello fellow Wolves! So change of gear for my mando suit. When I first started making my mando suit I wanted to do the custom route. I have been at a stand still for a few months now because I had to reorder armor, my first shaping did not come out right. Reassessing what I want to do for a mando suit, I decided to do a Bo Katan suit.

So far in my research and with help of an approved Bo Katan in Mandagalar clan this is what I have found. I have not heard any reviews on the vendor Mellomanguitars, if you have let me know your review on their products. Any advise is welcomed
:porg1:

Helmet
Surplus Imperial $240

Armor Kit
Surplus Imperial $350 (13" chest)

Jetpack
Steven S. $275

Flightsuit/Flak vest/gloves
Kohls - male shirt & female leggings; dark charcoal heather. * for the flak shirt, I bought 2 of the same shirts. I will cut the long sleeve and add bias tape. I will use the extra sleeves to make gloves and turtleneck.
Let me know what you think on the color of the shirt &  leggings. Finding the right color has been tricky.

Boots
]Amazon - Timberlands $85

vaderqueenzamora

Re: Bo Katan Wip
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2019, 12:56 AM »
Update time!

At todays armor party I cut all of my armor and finished my soft suit. Since this week is thanksgiving week and I have it off, I plan to sand the edges maybe even start spray painting the base coat.

I did need some advise on my gauntlets and my knees. For my gauntlets it came into a two piece so I can glue them together. I am curious if i need to cut on the yellow and blue lines and re-glue it. Anyone know or should I leave it uncut and just glue the two pieces together?

Also for my knees, I had these made for my previous kit... do you think they will work?

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2019, 08:55 AM »
We have some absolutely fabulous Bo's in Mandagalar who, I believe, are going for Bo Brigade status.  Is that something you might be interested in once you get official?

You have some really solid pieces in your stuff from Imperial Surplus.  I have his shore trooper kit and love the quality. 

Now, are you planning on making a Clone Wars Bo or the Rebels one?

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

vaderqueenzamora

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:30 PM »
We have some absolutely fabulous Bo's in Mandagalar who, I believe, are going for Bo Brigade status.  Is that something you might be interested in once you get official?

You have some really solid pieces in your stuff from Imperial Surplus.  I have his shore trooper kit and love the quality. 

Now, are you planning on making a Clone Wars Bo or the Rebels one?

I have been in contact with one and she has been very helpful with lots of resources. Yes I will be interested in joining a brigade once I am approved. Thanks! yea their stuff is nice, I just finished sanding my pieces. I am hoping to do base coat this week. I am planning on doing The Clone Wars version.

vaderqueenzamora

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Finished my gloves today, I made them with extra fabric I had from my flak vest. I did not realize till after I did not pull them all the way down so it looks bumpy on the fingertips.

vaderqueenzamora

Re: Bo Katan WIP UPDATE
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2020, 12:29 AM »
Today I feel great about my process. This was my first time spray painting armor. So far I only did first base coat on all my pieces except for my gauntlets, knees, and thighs. I still have fine sanding for those three. With the huge help of a fellow friend, my helmet got cut out. Now I need to go with a sand paper and filer for the visor and the bottom. I ordered my wig so that should be here soon. Here are some photos.... enjoy

for some reason it kept uploading upside down.....

To do list
BUY
  • jetpack
  • ammo & girth belt
  • weapons
  • shoes
  • sintra for headband

PAINT
  • 2nd/3rd coat -everything except gauntlet/knees/thighs
  • base/2nd/3rd coat -gauntlet/knees/thighs
  • helmet
  • weapons

OTHER
  • magnets on soft suit
  • magents on armor
  • fans inside helmet
  • harness for jetpack
  • make headband

Ashen Kelborn

• Returning from hiatus
  • Awards Family events 267th Rapid Assault Special Weapons TCW and Rebels Canon Mandalorians Special Operations Brigade Member
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:25 PM »
Good progress so far, commenting to follow  :like:

Desago

• Keep your wits sharp, and your blade sharper.
  • Awards 200 troops 150 troops 267th Rapid Assault 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Celebration Chicago
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2020, 05:25 PM »
Following.

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."
L.O.B # 22 | M.A.J.I.C # 166 |M.A.D. # 72 | M.T.S (Mando-Tough) # 89 | S.P.A.R.C.K. # 19 | M.A.C.K # 37| O.O.P.S.! # 27

vaderqueenzamora

Re: Bo Katan need feedback
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:27 AM »
Hello! Yesterday I did a test run on suiting up. I want to get an idea of how everything will look in case I need to adjust or trim anything. Also need to mark where I need to add velcro and magnets on my soft suit. *note sure why the pictures keep upload side ways & upside down... apologies.

Please if you see anything that needs to get fixed please let me know. Also know I am aware I still need to finish painting my armor. Thx!

To do list
BUY
jetpack
ammo & girth belt
weapons
shoes
sintra for headband

PAINT
2nd/3rd coat -everything except gauntlet/knees/thighs
base/2nd/3rd coat -gauntlet/knees/thighs
helmet
weapons

OTHER
magnets on soft suit
magents on armor
fans inside helmet
harness for jetpack
make headband

vaderqueenzamora

Re: Bo Katan Wip Update
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2020, 11:13 PM »
Hello! Since I have a lot of time on my hand being "work from home" I got a lot done!  :porg2: with the exception of putting my darts & blade on my gauntlets, the rangefinder, & my jetpack... I am 100% done with the rest of my armor  :D :D

Other then listed above I still need to make a harness, make holes in my backplate for the harness, buy my weapons, buy my shoes & weather them, sew the rest of my velcro on my pants, add padding & fans in my helmet, & cut my wig.

GoldenCat

• Honorable Fighter
« Reply #10 on: Apr 07, 2020, 09:17 AM »
looks very cool  :like:

vaderqueenzamora

« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2020, 02:10 AM »
Another update!

I received my westar 35s a few days ago, still waiting on my belt & jetpack to arrive. For my armor and soft suit, I am adding and fixing velcro errors on my soft suit so it can be perfect. I received my shoes & added my armor to that, also finished my gauntlets & helmet!! Next I need to try to cut my wig & make the headband but not sure how I will get sintra since we are on shelter in place.

vaderqueenzamora

« Reply #12 on: Jul 24, 2020, 04:01 PM »
My belt is here! Thank you Mitchell, it’s beautiful! Just need my jetpack and to paint it  :D

Mi'ix

• Ideals are peaceful. History is violent.
  • Awards Award for 75 official invasions. Brigades Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Chicago Boba and Jango
« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2020, 02:37 PM »
Love the paint work, especially on the helmet.

Is that Leatherwork from our very own Mavik?  :P

I think some of the buttons on the gauntlets could be tightened up from a paint perspective, especially the white button on the left gaunt.

Legends - Protector 
Canon - ESB Boba Fett

Mandalorian Mercs Brigade Application Form

BH/TI/TS/MW 65041

Tra'cor Clan || M.V.S. #41|| M.A.B.E.L. #60 || 72 Official Invasions

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!