Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Compdrag's First Build WIP

• 25 Replies
Re: Compdrag's First Build WIP
« Reply #15 on: Dec 02, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Well fiddled around with paint on the gaunts so those should be dry tomorrow little cold temps today in FL so we will see how it goes. Also did a lot of sanding on the gun, and filled holes so it should be ready for more sanding tomorrow and then bondo. Also worked on straightening up the knees on the suit and got on of the shins Velcro壇 in. Need to sew in the Velcro for the knees tomorrow. That should take care of all the armor. Now just waiting on the visor to get here but as some of you may have been looking the Hobart shield seems to be back ordered and maybe a week or two to arrive.

After I get these last couple pieces on I知 going to focus on a couple of ammo pouches and bullet holders. That should give some more color to my thigh area. Also think I may do some kill strips some where but I知 going to read more up on it.

« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2019, 07:07 PM »
Alright armor is coming to the point where we値l the only thing left is accent pieces and the helmet. So I got a lot done today to put the gear together. Just need to work on some little aspect on the vest to make the shoulder area sit more flush. Also need to start working on the thigh bullet holder. I have the belt for it just need to make the holder part. Well enough talk on to the photos.

« Reply #17 on: Dec 04, 2019, 08:02 PM »
Well today is one of my 24hr shifts so I decided to bring my weapon with me to work on it. I知 going with the fact that well weapons are usually hand me downs from generations so that why you will see on the grip why I didn稚 cover up all the handle to give it a worn look. It was fun filling in all the holes I cheated a little to make it a bit easier and cut blots that fit in the holes and cut the heads off so when I epoxied them the bondo would be easier and let me tell you it is. Also to make the ribs on the barrel area not look weird with three cut outs I did the same with bolts then cut them to make the shelf also. Again I値l be done with the words and let the pictures show the work. Just can稚 wait to throw some paint on it.

« Reply #18 on: Dec 05, 2019, 08:56 PM »
Ok I got the bullet holder made for my leg but forgot to put my gaunts on for the photo, but there is one up above so there is that. Also started getting paint back on the helmet from the mess ups and mistakes. Still waiting on the visor. Also got paint on the EE-3 blaster so it is coming along. Will need to look at a side arm to cover up the rest of the pouch belt. So onto the pictures.

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05, 2019, 11:03 PM »
Great work so far, vod! Don't forget to weather your soft parts to match your plates. :) Also not sure if the legs on your flight suit need to be tailored or not, I'll let someone with more knowledge in that area give that recommendation. It kinda feels like your shin plates are just floating attached to your flight suit instead of on your shins protecting your legs.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06, 2019, 10:19 AM »
One word of note: If those are real bullets (blanks, de-acts, or whatever... it's hard to tell in the photo), it's not going to be allowed; the new CRLs coming down the pipe are going to address using any real-world ammo or projectiles in a kit, so you might want to replace them with more in-universe types.

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34

"This, too, shall pass." - Abraham Lincoln, 1862
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06, 2019, 04:16 PM »
One word of note: If those are real bullets (blanks, de-acts, or whatever... it's hard to tell in the photo), it's not going to be allowed; the new CRLs coming down the pipe are going to address using any real-world ammo or projectiles in a kit, so you might want to replace them with more in-universe types.

Rob

Nope it was my template for size for in universe rounds that I知 going to be making.

Ok so I got the EE-3 done to a point I may add some rusting to it. But again here are the photos to do the talking. Oh and yes I will need to tailor the legs thanks for the advice. Thank god my mother in law knows how to do all that.

« Reply #22 on: Dec 06, 2019, 06:18 PM »
Ok added to the rust to the gun.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #23 on: Dec 06, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Nope it was my template for size for in universe rounds that I知 going to be making.

That's good to hear; I couldn't make it out very well from the photo, and wanted you to be better safe than sorry. ;)

The EE looks great...love the weathering. ;)

Rob

Judicial Incident Report Form (for anyone to report an issue): https://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?action=form;n=34

"This, too, shall pass." - Abraham Lincoln, 1862
« Reply #24 on: Dec 09, 2019, 08:36 PM »
Got the helmet all redone from fixing the earpiece and and bondo line. My visor will be here on Wednesday so I can finish that up on the inside. I知 taking my coveralls with us when we head back to see family for Xmas to take in the legs. I also did some research on weathering fabric so I will start that once I get back from vacation. Once all that is complete I値l be posting for pre-approval for my local to make the process easier. I also ordered a Westar 35 pistol and I will have to make a holster for it. Most Likely I will make it a rigid holster out of sitra.

So no visor so I colored it in to get an idea here are the photos.

« Reply #25 on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Alright so tomorrow is the day for the visor, excited about that. So today since I already have boots I just needed to cover up some of the emblems on the I made some armor plates for them. Got the silver paint on and added toothpaste and painted the black. I値l add toothpaste to the black and throw the green on them. So that will tie in some more of the green into the suit. Also I got the bullets or flares you tell me in the holder. They are small glow sticks painted silver and then washed with black.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!