Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First WIP- Female Medic

• 41 Replies
First WIP- Female Medic
« on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:46 PM »
This is my very first time doing an armored kit, and I'm super excited to get started! I know I'm going to need lots of help and guidance along the way, though! Hopefully y'all can help!

I really want to do a medic, since helping people is honestly a huge part of who I am. My aunt and sister are also nurses. I thought this theme would fit my personality well!

Below is a link to a *very* rough drawing of what I'm thinking right now. I'm not the greatest at drawing so I'm sure there are some issues with things, but it gives the basic idea I hope  :) For the colors, I'm thinking a dark/navy blue flight suit with a light gray or white vest. The chest armor will be a darker gray with red accents. Red gauntlets, kneepads, and other small armor pieces on boots or gloves. Helmet will be the same gray with the navy around the T-visor and a little bit of red accent. Not quite sure exactly about the belt situation yet, so advice there would be awesome! Also shoes are going to be what I can come up with, but ideally I'd like them to be gray. I also want to do a red cape because capes are cool  :P

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kZ1ifH9lL_CZ2eV7RqFwuvDRGndBbyBx/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure what sort of helmet to get yet, so advice there would be super great! I like the look of the Nite Owls, so I'm leaning toward that.

Also, I've scoured the forums for other medic builds, but I'd love to see more! So if you have one or know of any, please let me know! Especially if there are close-ups of equipment and medical-type gauntlets.

Re: First WIP- Female Medic
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Hi!!   :sabine:
This is my first armored build too,I'm also just getting the basic idea of what I want,never really thought the mandos would have many doctors,but this is your build and not mine.I'm personally going for a grey armor and helmet with details in various colors.As for the weapons I'll go for double Westar-35 pistols and wrist-mounted accesories.As for the helmet I'll go with the regular T-shape with a slight frown,and a cape of course.I do suggest for you to add pouches to hint about your role,medics usually carry more pouches than usual.

The strongest starts have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:17 PM »
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you end up doing!
I'm definitely planning to have some extra pouches on the belt. I'm also thinking about doing something strapped onto my leg as well! I'll have to kind of play around with it once I get to that point. Eventually I want to add a backpack or something with medical supplies as well.

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Thanks! Can't wait to see yours too,I sent you a PM with another tips for you.

The strongest starts have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Raeza

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Hi! I'm actually thinking of doing a medic too, so it was really cool to see someone else's ideas. If you're having trouble visualizing colors you should try mando maker, I've been practically living on it trying to settle my design idea.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Thanks for the link,I'm a terrible artist and this program will help me sort a design. :like:

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Hi! I'm actually thinking of doing a medic too, so it was really cool to see someone else's ideas. If you're having trouble visualizing colors you should try mando maker, I've been practically living on it trying to settle my design idea.
Awesome!!! I really havenít found any other female medics so thatís great! Canít wait to see your progress as well! Iíll def have to play with the maker some more. I tried it a little but I wasnít very good about keeping the colors consistent? So I just resorted to the low tech colored pencil version 😂

Raeza

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Awesome!!! I really havenít found any other female medics so thatís great! Canít wait to see your progress as well! Iíll def have to play with the maker some more. I tried it a little but I wasnít very good about keeping the colors consistent? So I just resorted to the low tech colored pencil version 😂

I had that issue with the colors too lol I saw you're doing a medic bag too, have you decided how to do it? I was thinking of making a waist satchel, and actually putting medical things people might need at a con in it. I'm not sure what all to do though. Feel free to pm me if you ever want to brainstorm!

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2019, 10:53 AM by Raeza » Logged

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Here's a couple examples from a medic build I'm almost done making for my mom:

Helmet

Gauntlets (with light up scanner and integrated diagnostic display)

Belt mount medkit (closed)

Belt mount medkit (open

Beskad (required by medic brigade) and multi-function field surgery knife (amputation, clothes cutter, general utility blade, and scalpel)

And the concept I'm building to

Feel free to borrow any ideas. :)

Raeza

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2019, 04:19 PM »
These are awesome! Do you have to do brigade if you do a medic?

It's a little simple, but I plan on weathering it a lot, maybe doing some blaster marks, and putting together my medic bag.

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2019, 04:41 PM by Raeza » Logged
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Here's a couple examples from a medic build I'm almost done making for my mom:

Helmet

Gauntlets (with light up scanner and integrated diagnostic display)

Belt mount medkit (closed)

Belt mount medkit (open

Beskad (required by medic brigade) and multi-function field surgery knife (amputation, clothes cutter, general utility blade, and scalpel)

And the concept I'm building to

Feel free to borrow any ideas. :)

Thank you!!! This looks amazing so far! I love both of those knives so much! How did you go about doing the display on the scanner thing? I want to do something similar

« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:06 PM »
These are awesome! Do you have to do brigade if you do a medic?

It's a little simple, but I plan on weathering it a lot, maybe doing some blaster marks, and putting together my medic bag.

I loooove your colors! This looks like a really good plan! From what I understand, brigades are totally extra for those who want to do it. But you can do a medic theme without joining. Iím planning to just get what I need for basic approval and then eventually upgrading what needs to for brigades down the road but not focusing on that right now. 

Raeza

« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:32 PM »
I loooove your colors! This looks like a really good plan! From what I understand, brigades are totally extra for those who want to do it. But you can do a medic theme without joining. Iím planning to just get what I need for basic approval and then eventually upgrading what needs to for brigades down the road but not focusing on that right now.

Thank you, I actually changed it because it looked to similar to a stormtrooper. But I still plan on doing a medic. I'm going to paint the medic symbol on one shoulder, and aurebesh lettering on the helmet.

« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Thank you, I actually changed it because it looked to similar to a stormtrooper. But I still plan on doing a medic. I'm going to paint the medic symbol on one shoulder, and aurebesh lettering on the helmet.
What words are you putting? I want to add something like that to mine except in Mandoía, but Iím still trying to come up with a quote or phrase

Raeza

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2019, 12:12 PM »
What words are you putting? I want to add something like that to mine except in Mandoía, but Iím still trying to come up with a quote or phrase

I was thinking just writing medic in aurebesh on the helmet.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!