Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

First WIP- Female Medic

• 74 Replies

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
  • Awards 15+ clan level invasions Family events
First WIP- Female Medic
« on: Nov 20, 2019, 07:46 PM »
This is my very first time doing an armored kit, and I'm super excited to get started! I know I'm going to need lots of help and guidance along the way, though! Hopefully y'all can help!

I really want to do a medic, since helping people is honestly a huge part of who I am. My aunt and sister are also nurses. I thought this theme would fit my personality well!

Below is a link to a *very* rough drawing of what I'm thinking right now. I'm not the greatest at drawing so I'm sure there are some issues with things, but it gives the basic idea I hope  :) For the colors, I'm thinking a dark/navy blue flight suit with a light gray or white vest. The chest armor will be a darker gray with red accents. Red gauntlets, kneepads, and other small armor pieces on boots or gloves. Helmet will be the same gray with the navy around the T-visor and a little bit of red accent. Not quite sure exactly about the belt situation yet, so advice there would be awesome! Also shoes are going to be what I can come up with, but ideally I'd like them to be gray. I also want to do a red cape because capes are cool  :P

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kZ1ifH9lL_CZ2eV7RqFwuvDRGndBbyBx/view?usp=sharing

I'm not sure what sort of helmet to get yet, so advice there would be super great! I like the look of the Nite Owls, so I'm leaning toward that.

Also, I've scoured the forums for other medic builds, but I'd love to see more! So if you have one or know of any, please let me know! Especially if there are close-ups of equipment and medical-type gauntlets.

Stop limping around and get some bacta, soldier

Arminius

Re: First WIP- Female Medic
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Hi!!   :sabine:
This is my first armored build too,I'm also just getting the basic idea of what I want,never really thought the mandos would have many doctors,but this is your build and not mine.I'm personally going for a grey armor and helmet with details in various colors.As for the weapons I'll go for double Westar-35 pistols and wrist-mounted accesories.As for the helmet I'll go with the regular T-shape with a slight frown,and a cape of course.I do suggest for you to add pouches to hint about your role,medics usually carry more pouches than usual.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:17 PM »
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you end up doing!
I'm definitely planning to have some extra pouches on the belt. I'm also thinking about doing something strapped onto my leg as well! I'll have to kind of play around with it once I get to that point. Eventually I want to add a backpack or something with medical supplies as well.

Arminius

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2019, 10:27 PM »
Thanks! Can't wait to see yours too,I sent you a PM with another tips for you.

The strongest stars have hearts of kyber, but the strongest warriors have hearts of beskar.

Raeza

« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2019, 07:49 PM »
Hi! I'm actually thinking of doing a medic too, so it was really cool to see someone else's ideas. If you're having trouble visualizing colors you should try mando maker, I've been practically living on it trying to settle my design idea.

Arminius

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Thanks for the link,I'm a terrible artist and this program will help me sort a design. :like:

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Hi! I'm actually thinking of doing a medic too, so it was really cool to see someone else's ideas. If you're having trouble visualizing colors you should try mando maker, I've been practically living on it trying to settle my design idea.
Awesome!!! I really haven’t found any other female medics so that’s great! Can’t wait to see your progress as well! I’ll def have to play with the maker some more. I tried it a little but I wasn’t very good about keeping the colors consistent? So I just resorted to the low tech colored pencil version 😂

Raeza

« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2019, 10:23 AM »
Awesome!!! I really haven’t found any other female medics so that’s great! Can’t wait to see your progress as well! I’ll def have to play with the maker some more. I tried it a little but I wasn’t very good about keeping the colors consistent? So I just resorted to the low tech colored pencil version 😂

I had that issue with the colors too lol I saw you're doing a medic bag too, have you decided how to do it? I was thinking of making a waist satchel, and actually putting medical things people might need at a con in it. I'm not sure what all to do though. Feel free to pm me if you ever want to brainstorm!

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2019, 10:53 AM by Raeza » Logged

OriKad

• The Grizzled Old Sergeant of Mav Oya'la Clan
  • Awards Force Hunter Brigade Member Special Weapons 267th Rapid Assault Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Airmobile brigade member
« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2019, 01:25 PM »
Here's a couple examples from a medic build I'm almost done making for my mom:

Helmet

Gauntlets (with light up scanner and integrated diagnostic display)

Belt mount medkit (closed)

Belt mount medkit (open

Beskad (required by medic brigade) and multi-function field surgery knife (amputation, clothes cutter, general utility blade, and scalpel)

And the concept I'm building to

Feel free to borrow any ideas. :)

Raeza

« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2019, 04:19 PM »
These are awesome! Do you have to do brigade if you do a medic?

It's a little simple, but I plan on weathering it a lot, maybe doing some blaster marks, and putting together my medic bag.

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2019, 04:41 PM by Raeza » Logged

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Here's a couple examples from a medic build I'm almost done making for my mom:

Helmet

Gauntlets (with light up scanner and integrated diagnostic display)

Belt mount medkit (closed)

Belt mount medkit (open

Beskad (required by medic brigade) and multi-function field surgery knife (amputation, clothes cutter, general utility blade, and scalpel)

And the concept I'm building to

Feel free to borrow any ideas. :)

Thank you!!! This looks amazing so far! I love both of those knives so much! How did you go about doing the display on the scanner thing? I want to do something similar

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:06 PM »
These are awesome! Do you have to do brigade if you do a medic?

It's a little simple, but I plan on weathering it a lot, maybe doing some blaster marks, and putting together my medic bag.

I loooove your colors! This looks like a really good plan! From what I understand, brigades are totally extra for those who want to do it. But you can do a medic theme without joining. I’m planning to just get what I need for basic approval and then eventually upgrading what needs to for brigades down the road but not focusing on that right now. 

Raeza

« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2019, 07:32 PM »
I loooove your colors! This looks like a really good plan! From what I understand, brigades are totally extra for those who want to do it. But you can do a medic theme without joining. I’m planning to just get what I need for basic approval and then eventually upgrading what needs to for brigades down the road but not focusing on that right now.

Thank you, I actually changed it because it looked to similar to a stormtrooper. But I still plan on doing a medic. I'm going to paint the medic symbol on one shoulder, and aurebesh lettering on the helmet.

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Thank you, I actually changed it because it looked to similar to a stormtrooper. But I still plan on doing a medic. I'm going to paint the medic symbol on one shoulder, and aurebesh lettering on the helmet.
What words are you putting? I want to add something like that to mine except in Mando’a, but I’m still trying to come up with a quote or phrase

Raeza

« Reply #14 on: Nov 25, 2019, 12:12 PM »
What words are you putting? I want to add something like that to mine except in Mando’a, but I’m still trying to come up with a quote or phrase

I was thinking just writing medic in aurebesh on the helmet.

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2019, 06:52 PM »
Updates! Ordered my bucket over Black Friday to take advantage of the sales, so now the waiting game for it to arrive! Stuck with a more traditional design instead of going the Nite Owl look I had originally planned. I also have a small blaster on the way.

Also got my flight suit figured out. Found some scrubs at Goodwill and lucked out to get a jacket that matched the set for the long sleeves. Took the pockets off of the pants so they should be good to go. (Have a few snags from the seam ripper on the reinforced pocket edges so I'm going to stick some clear nail polish on the inside leg and hope they don't rip  :P)
I like the look with the double sleeve better, so I'm probably going to go that route. Bulky middle should get covered by belts.

With just the long sleeve

PS- the colors here look a little wonky, idk why. The picture at the bottom of the page shows the true colors much better.

So now for some advice- I think the pant legs are kinda wide. I can take them in (although I have no idea how to do that, but I'm sure I can figure it out). OR I can get taller boots. I hadn't originally wanted to do tall boots though. The black boots are more the style I was going for (these are my Winter Soldier boots- I just needed something for the style  ;) I'll be finding a new pair to modify for this if this is what I decide). If I end up going a tall boot route, I'd do black and attach armor, but I really like the look of the smaller boot more. Opinions? Do I need to take the pants in or is it just me?

Also any other major concerns at this point?

kellynoons

• Mando Name: Kefira Leeu
« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Updates! Ordered my bucket over Black Friday to take advantage of the sales, so now the waiting game for it to arrive! Stuck with a more traditional design instead of going the Nite Owl look I had originally planned. I also have a small blaster on the way.

Also got my flight suit figured out. Found some scrubs at Goodwill and lucked out to get a jacket that matched the set for the long sleeves. Took the pockets off of the pants so they should be good to go. (Have a few snags from the seam ripper on the reinforced pocket edges so I'm going to stick some clear nail polish on the inside leg and hope they don't rip  :P)
I like the look with the double sleeve better, so I'm probably going to go that route. Bulky middle should get covered by belts.

With just the long sleeve

PS- the colors here look a little wonky, idk why. The picture at the bottom of the page shows the true colors much better.

So now for some advice- I think the pant legs are kinda wide. I can take them in (although I have no idea how to do that, but I'm sure I can figure it out). OR I can get taller boots. I hadn't originally wanted to do tall boots though. The black boots are more the style I was going for (these are my Winter Soldier boots- I just needed something for the style  ;) I'll be finding a new pair to modify for this if this is what I decide). If I end up going a tall boot route, I'd do black and attach armor, but I really like the look of the smaller boot more. Opinions? Do I need to take the pants in or is it just me?

Also any other major concerns at this point?

Nice score with the scrubs!

Based off your current design, I would say go with the your original boot idea! I love me some tall boots, but the shorter boots look better with what you're trying to do.

I f you do do the shorter boots, I would alter the pants just a bit, the leg looks a little long. 

keep up the good work!

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Found some super cool shoes which I hope will work! Gotta take the tag off, but they just felt so perfect for the look I'm going for! Plus the compromise on my boot situation- they're somewhat tall but not completely. I can tuck the pants into them and the bagginess is much better!

Also I think I'm going to cannibalize my Enfys Nest gloves since I'm not longer going to be pursuing that build. I'll take the brown parts off, but I'm wondering if I can leave the white? I kinda like it, but I'm not sure if it's still too recognizable as that character. If not, I'll try painting over it with another color? Maybe either blue or red since those will be my armor colors? Also I'll cover the logo with fabric or something as well, but most likely won't ever even see that part of the glove.

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #18 on: Dec 30, 2019, 08:23 PM »
I don't think the gloves are too recognizable.
Don't stress to much about taking in the legs if you decide it will look better. Its pretty easy look up tutorials, but basically you flip them inside out, put them on, pin a new inside seam, sew it up and mirror it on the other leg.

Falke

• Aliit ori'shya tal'din
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2020, 03:11 PM »
I agree the gloves are not that regoncisable and should work for your mando and I like the boots, they have a great feel! Just remove the logo and you're good to go!

SeaEye

• Ta’raysh ehn verd
« Reply #20 on: Jan 03, 2020, 03:43 AM »
"So Others Might Live"
"Corpsman Up!"
"Not Self, but Clan"

Helpful? Maybe?

Hi, I'm Charlie, and I'm a complete clownshoes newb. Kindly take that into account before tearing into me. Thank you.

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:13 PM »
Cool cool! I actually painted over the white with black but might go back over with white again. The black seems too dark for the look I’m going for.
Another cool thing about the boots is I saw a BTS picture of Billy Dee Williams in episode 9, and he has on the same boots just in black! I don’t think you can see them in the actual movie, but I was happy to see they are officially “canon”!

Next step is to get a flak vest. I’m cool with buying one or possibly making one (my sewing skills are somewhat on the noob level though). If it’s super easy to make I’m game to try. Any patterns out there? Or sellers you recommend?

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
« Reply #22 on: Jan 07, 2020, 12:51 AM »
I'd recommend looking in the supplier area of the forum or asking locally about vests. And there is a tutorial in the halls of knowledge. I've now made 2 and I'm still not happy about how I'm doing it so I'm not one to ask about ease.

Nika

• April 23 - submitted pre-app pics
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2020, 09:24 PM »
If you ever have trouble with having to keep tucking the pants back into your boot, one of my clan mates told me about putting like a strap on the bottom to go under the foot to keep the pants down in the boot. Hope that made sense?

Instagram: @Mando.Nika
TikTok: @Mando.Nika

Family is more than blood.

Alyssad

• Brii Riata
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2020, 02:29 PM »
Thanks for the help! Found someone on the forum to make a vest and planning to order it tonight. Acquired sintra for armor. Will need to get to an armor party for help with that though!
Finished Enfys gloves and put the white back on the fingers. I had originally painted the white over with black but they looked too dark for what I’m going for with my kit. But I kept the red stripe on the knuckles. Will add some armor to the back of the hands later.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!