Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Nika's Toilet Brush Holder Gauntlets W.I.P.

• 8 Replies

Nika

• April 23 - submitted pre-app pics
Nika's Toilet Brush Holder Gauntlets W.I.P.
« on: Nov 23, 2019, 01:06 AM »
I had seen online someone using a toilet brush holder for their gauntlets, so I decided to give it a try and grab 2 plain ones from either Walmart or Target.

My grandpa helped me cut out the bottom. I'm able to slip my hand right through. I was worried it may be too big for my small arms, but after putting it on with my sleeves and gloves, it seems to be ok. I know I'll need to put foam inside, and maybe some velcro so it won't spin around my arm. What kind of foam should I put inside, and what kind of glue should I use to attach the foam?

I want to have a flamethrower on my left gauntlet similar to Boba Fett's like this:

I want to have fuel hosing for my flamethrower gauntlet also, something like this?

I found this thing at Lowe's that I want to use on my gauntlet. Too big or ok?

I am designing what I want to add to my gauntlets. Not sure what material to trace these onto... sintra? or something thinner? Like styrene? I want to add some Whistling Birds(dart things) now after seeing The Mandalorian Chapter 3 too!

Lastly, I was thinking about having a light up flat square display on one of my gauntlets, and I can put a hologram figure on it for pictures. (I have hologram figures of Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Aayla Secura, & Commander Cody.

Thank you  :like:

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2019, 01:16 AM by Nika » Logged
Instagram: @Mando.Nika
TikTok: @Mando.Nika

Family is more than blood.

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
Re: Nika's Toilet Brush Holder Gauntlets W.I.P.
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2019, 10:06 AM »
Awesome and crafty design! :)

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Nika

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2019, 02:41 PM »
Awesome and crafty design! :)

Rob

Thank you Rob! My progress this weekend was sanding the words off the pvc pipe thing from Lowe's with a dremel. (My first time using a dremel by myself, thankfully I wore big safety glasses or I would have gotten a lot of the pvc flakes in my eyes)

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2019, 10:10 PM »
I used the small tube like that in my LC gauntlet design. You could probably use the entire thing, but it will be heavy and your gauntlets are probably going to be top heavy. Make sure you use a good bit of foam on the inside so they don’t spin.

trashcanmando

• This is all Karen Traviss' fault. they/them
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2019, 11:16 PM »
I used toilet brush holders for my gauntlets too, I'm excited to see how yours turn out!

hereticdave

• Se'nizi Jasra
  • Awards 6 or more Education Points in a single year. Family events Award for 10 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2019, 07:06 AM »
Looks like a great start, as others have said, plenty of padding to make sure the gauntlet doesn't spin. For the fuel hose, have you thought about what would happen if a pesky Jedi were to cut the cable? Perhaps some armoured cable might give a better finish to the gauntlet. Looking forward to seeing these finished.

OM# 1621
"Gar taldin ni jaonyc gar sa buir, ori'wadaas'la."
"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be."
Vok'Chi Thread
Helmet WIP
Soft Parts WIP
Armour WIP

Nika

« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2019, 02:08 PM »
Looks like a great start, as others have said, plenty of padding to make sure the gauntlet doesn't spin. For the fuel hose, have you thought about what would happen if a pesky Jedi were to cut the cable? Perhaps some armoured cable might give a better finish to the gauntlet. Looking forward to seeing these finished.

Thank you HereticDave! I never considered how the translucent fuel hose would probably be easily cut in Star Wars by a vibroblade or lightsaber!  :o
I really like the idea of armoured cables now  :D The orange translucent fuel hoses at Lowe's turned out to be too thin looking so I opted out of buying it. Will look at what other cables/hoses they have at Home Depot or Lowe's.  :like:

Ohl'd Vart

• The PoL Cat
  • Awards Order of the Ori'Ramikad Award for 25 official invasions. Clan with the most recorded invasions in 2016/2017 Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2019, 06:17 PM »
You can also use corrugated plastic auto wire loom (the unsplit type)...it looks like a cable, but is much lighter than metal, and you can get it in small diameters, too.

https://www.amazon.com/corrugated-wire-loom-tubing/s?k=corrugated+wire+loom+tubing

Rob

Alorad of BVC (now House): 2007-2013
Alor of MMCC: 2013-2023
Counselor to Mandalore: 2024
Retired from MMCC: 02/10/24

"17 years...it was good, while it lasted."

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2019, 12:00 PM »
You can also use corrugated plastic auto wire loom (the unsplit type)...it looks like a cable, but is much lighter than metal, and you can get it in small diameters, too.

https://www.amazon.com/corrugated-wire-loom-tubing/s?k=corrugated+wire+loom+tubing

Rob

I bought a 14' package of this stuff at Harbor Freight the other day for like $4 - just in case!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!