Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Post Modified: Nerf Roughcut to "Becca"

• 2 Replies

TK_0417

• I love the smell of cordite in the morning.
Post Modified: Nerf Roughcut to "Becca"
« on: Nov 27, 2019, 12:22 AM »
Please be gentle, it's my first WIP...
Naming this after my wife because she is dependable, never leaves my side, and can reduce a man to ashes in the blink of an eye  :laugh:
Inspiration was a Bryar pistol, but I think I left that behind some time ago...
Started with a Nerf Roughcut 2X4

Gutted it, then added a 1.5 inch and one inch pipes for barrels. The foam is just to make the barrel sit flush. Planning to use the original foam dart launchers and wrist-rocket launchers in my gauntlets.
(Updated since original post)
So it's been a few months, and apparently there's nothing like a pandemic to give you time to work on your kits! (Too soon?)

This is an updated image of "Becca" since November. As you can see, I cut a little more off the sides to make it fit better with the single barrel, drilled in a flash suppressor, Bondo'd it to Hell and sanded it back to it's senses. Here are some more angles and close ups:

NO MORE TRIANGLES!!!!!

Filled in screw holes and rough sanded the Roughcut

« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2020, 06:14 PM by TK_0417 » Logged

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
Re: Nerf Roughcut to "Rebecca"
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:29 AM »
I would put some greeblies on the end of those barrels, flash suppressors or what have you. You may also want to change up the grip, maybe even go for a more traditional shotgun stock. The app team are very very picky when it comes to making Nerf conversions. It should basically be unrecognizable as the original Nerf piece.

TK_0417

• I love the smell of cordite in the morning.
Re: Post Modified: Nerf Roughcut to "Becca"
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2020, 03:14 PM »
Okay, so a couple weeks have past, and I have changed what Becca looks like A LOT. Here is the final draft so to speak. Still need to do some detailing, but the greeblies are in place and I like how she looks. As always, can't wait to hear feedback and comments on the build.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!