Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Seeking advice on small blaster pistol bases

• 3 Replies
Seeking advice on small blaster pistol bases
« on: Dec 05, 2019, 02:50 PM »
I found a couple cap guns begging for blasterification at a thrift shop, ive removed the tiny stock, scope and stripper clip as well as all the internal workings and will fill later with greeblies. I want to turn them into a pair of holdouts maybe kept around my boots or something. My issue is the handles are on the tiny side even for a childrens toy, and i feel like the idea i had to just take a couple larger toy blasters like nerf or water guns etc and use the handles from them would end up looking too big, so ive got a bit of a dilemma. Welcoming any thoughts, comments, opinions etc on what I could do to address that issue and move on to really making it look good.

Also picked up that white blaster today and definitely think I can do something with it without much trouble. 12 inch ruler for scale

I hit hot metal with heavy metal to make sharp metal.

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: Seeking advice on small blaster pistol bases
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2019, 11:56 AM »
I think you're better off with the middle (white) plinker. Looks like it might actually fit an adult hand, and it kinda already looks a bit swarzy.

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2019, 12:47 PM »
I have seen blasters made from the Dollar Tree (white, center) toys and they've turned out great. In fact, one Mando simply added a ground sprinkler shell as a barrel extension and muzzle break. Looked good.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2019, 11:05 PM »
I think you're better off with the middle (white) plinker. Looks like it might actually fit an adult hand, and it kinda already looks a bit swarzy.

Oh I absolutely know I could make something swarzy with the middle one, but the other two...idk, theres just something about them where I just know if I found the right handle and made the right modifications theyd make a great set of small hold outs. Im drawing some inspiration from the "short range assassin's blaster" from the visual dictionary

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Short-range_assassin%27s_blaster/Legends like this but a bit more angular.

actually while typing this I just had an idea: the sort of pistol grip stab saws like for working on drywall can sometimes have some very blaster like handles and are often pretty ergonomic.  I might keep my eyes open for something like that

I hit hot metal with heavy metal to make sharp metal.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!