Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Question - Segmented chest piece?

• 1 Replies

Corbin Das

• Keeper of the Killer Penny
Question - Segmented chest piece?
« on: Dec 01, 2019, 02:08 AM »
I have a question about:

Hello Vod.

Because my chest plates bind on my inner arms when I try to shoulder a weapon or bring my arms in front of me, I'm wanting to segment it, and add a center "trauma plate" over the gap.

The two chest plates would be cut back a couple inches, to allow movement without the plates bunching up. Of course, the gap created down the center would have to be covered. That's where the "trauma plate" would come in. See attached 1st pic. I would also have matching trauma plates on the abdomen and codpiece, but they would not be covering any gaps.  

I had a similar Q & A question called "Segmented Collar Plate" where I was told the concept was OK, but wanted to verify I'd be fine doing this to the chest sections too. See 2nd pic for the segmented collar plate.

My final question... assuming the plates would be OK, if I'm going to be adding a pilot's chest box onto the chest trauma plate, do I still have to have the central diamond on the plate? It would get covered.

See pic 3 for clarification on chest box, as well as seeing the overall idea in regards to the trauma plates. Depending on the size of the box, it may overhang above or below the plate. If it does, I MAY even combine the central chest trauma plate with the central collar trauma plate, if allowed.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this for me.

Havelock

• I probably have a link for that.
  • Awards Award for 10 official invasions. Order of the Ori'Ramikad Celebration Orlando 2017
Re: Question - Segmented chest piece?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2019, 02:42 AM »
This idea should work.  The CRLs for the Mandalorian Pilot say:

Consists of collar armor, right and left chest plates, ab plate, and optional center diamond.

Doing this, however, means you have to follow the remainder of the Mandalorian Pilot CRLs under the Modern Era Custom CRLs.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."  - Terry Pratchett

Have you explored all that the Royal War College of Mandalore has to offer?

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!