Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Starting first build

• 32 Replies
Re: Starting first build
« Reply #15 on: Feb 07, 2020, 08:54 AM »
For weathering/ chipping purposes. what would be the recommended undercoat colour? Should I stay in the "sandy/fall" colour range or should I have a darker contrast colour?

looking at these right now...

any input?

« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2020, 12:36 PM by n33rdysoldier » Logged
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2020, 06:00 PM »
How does one go about making the chest plates? Short of actually making my flak that is the only other hold up right now on my build.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2020, 07:08 PM »
On the bright side, I got gloves.  Looking at making them fingerless, just have to figure out where to cut them. Also debating them to dye them more brownish in color to offset armour color/match spats I have to make.

« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Long Delay, found material to start working on a Girth belt. Its about 4" in width. Need to figure out what color to dye it so it doesn't blend in with kit or clash to bad. Maybe a red or burgundy ?

« Reply #19 on: Apr 12, 2020, 11:10 PM »
Grabbed a second Pair of gloves.... which one should I go with?

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2020, 05:23 PM »
Working on "two waist items" requirement. Gonna stitch these two together. What color should I use?

also believe that I have to cover/change the buckle part?

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 06:58 PM »
Got Flak vest on order from Endelose, set to arrive in July. Got undersuit Scrubs. Waiting on a pair of Wester 35s from Darth Clevage. Then its on to plate forming. Its all coming together.

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Found where I hid my sintra,  nice day outside so decided to crack down on what I can work on until my flak comes in...

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2020, 10:21 PM »
Finished belt, need to work on fastening it though, looking at having it close in the back so it should be something easy for me to do by myself. Debating between parachute clips or leather extension and Velco.

Also working with forming the hand plates

not liking how either style is turning out so far. Might end up ditching the idea and come back to it another time.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 10:25 PM by n33rdysoldier » Logged
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2020, 09:31 PM »
Just popping over here to say I really like your color choices! Keep it up!

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2020, 10:50 PM »
Just popping over here to say I really like your color choices! Keep it up!

Thanks, almost done. Just waiting on flak to come in for final fittings

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 10:43 PM »

Just need to attach the velcro. and with that both waist items done.

working on knife template. need a better wood then the balsa I had on hand.

« Reply #27 on: Jun 05, 2020, 09:24 PM »
Just in from Lonewolf Customs.

Leira

« Reply #28 on: Jun 06, 2020, 10:38 AM »
Gotta say I love the belt you have. I'm currently waffling on what I'm going to do with mine. If I interpreted the rules correctly though, "two waist items" means two separate items. I don't think two belts made into one item counts.

Just a hint, there is a soft parts specific section where you may have better luck getting answers that aren't armor related.

Great job so far, you have some good momentum going!

I'm an amateur with advanced tools and intermediate ideas!

Stainless Steel armor WIP
http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=182907.0
« Reply #29 on: Jun 08, 2020, 09:54 PM »
If I interpreted the rules correctly though, "two waist items" means two separate items. I don't think two belts made into one item counts.

I do have two separate waist items. I have a girth belt that is going under this belt. I accidentally deleted the images off of imgur and haven't gone back to reload the pictures as I am currently transitioning out of the military and been busy. But thank you. The second belt is going to be holding my holsters once my blasters come in and can mold the leather.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!