Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

How to make use of Magnets for flak vest?

• 2 Replies

Ruutar Jengh

• Te kai'tomyc prudii
How to make use of Magnets for flak vest?
« on: Dec 03, 2019, 03:04 AM »
As the subject states, I am curious how some of you have used magnets in your flak vest.

Did you sew them into the vest and then epoxy them to your armor?

I am curious as to the process. I am also sure somewhere in here is a thread for this exact question, but sadly I can't find it >_<

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Or if you wish to say what you believe is the best method for securing armor so it stays in place as best as it can while moving about, I'd take that info too!

Ori Dart

• Just some random mir'sheb...
Re: How to make use of Magnets for flak vest?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:32 PM »
While I'm yet to get to this phase of my build, I'd imagine that if you're going to use magnets, glue to the armour first and then fit to the flak vest.

You may also consider putting a bit of velcro anyway as even strong magnets can be jostled and lose contact. The velcro will help prevent that by tacking the plates in place (say that 10 times fast :P )

Oya!

Andry         ; )

Bajrx2

• Death is Freedom, I Bring You Freedom
Re: How to make use of Magnets for flak vest?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2019, 11:46 AM »
I would imagine the way to do it would be to sew them in.

Basically you attach magnets to the plates, then put a dot of white paint on the magnet and have some one put the plate in the correct spot for you.
The white paint leaves a mark where the magnet should go. Then you simply cut a piece of fabric and handsew in a little pocket that the magnet snugly fits in. I do agree with the previous person to post on this thread that a little velcro cant her either!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!