Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Recommendations for hot weather 2 piece flight suit?

• 4 Replies
Hello! I’m new! I’m curious if anyone has specific recommendations for 2 piece flight suits that do well in hot weather. I live in SoCal.
If I get a mostly cotton scrub, will it be durable enough? I worry about heat issues with polyester. What fabric content works well?

If the scrubs are v neck, do you have issues with the flak vest (out of a stiffer material)  rubbing against your neck??

Lem'zig Dee

• The Motörlorian
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
Re: Recommendations for hot weather 2 piece flight suit?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2019, 07:50 AM »
I have been trooping since 2012 using scrubs. I live in Florida, so yeah...I get the heat thing! I use scrub pants and a labcoat with long sleeves - non stretchy material. I wash it immediately after trooping in cold water with no fabric softener or anything. I hang it to dry and have never had a problem with it. I've lost count, but I'm pretty sure I'm between 60 and 70 troops in it by now.  :D

IG -  @mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2019, 02:10 PM »
Do you know what the fabric content is on your scrubs? :)

Lem'zig Dee

• The Motörlorian
  • Awards Celebration Orlando 2017 Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Heed the Call - helped the MMCC at a Star Wars Celebration
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2019, 10:05 AM »
Do you know what the fabric content is on your scrubs? :)
Sadly, no. I cut the tags out years ago. I know they feel like a poly/cotton blend. No stretch at all, and very light weight. More unisex than the current women's scrubs. I shopped for new ones this past year in hopes of making a second kit, but the women's styles felt super spandex-y and I didn't like them.

IG -  @mandodrummer1
Band stuff IG - @tommyfrenzyrules
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2019, 10:11 AM »
Yeah I’m having some issues finding a good blend. The majority of them are heavily polyester...

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!