Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Blasters WIP

• 17 Replies
Blasters WIP
« on: Dec 04, 2019, 11:43 PM »
So this is the beginning of my blaster WIP. I got ahold of a set of laser tag guns for $3.42 at Family Dollar. I have taken all of the electronics out put them back together. I also got glued some of the bigger voids in the plastic.

I like the over all look of them and they fit nicely into my holsters I already have. I plan on painting them silver/black with a far amount of weathering.

jett drexel

• a long time ago in a living room far far away...
Re: Blasters WIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2019, 03:20 AM »
Just a quick heads up before you start ... it'll take quite a bit more than a paint job to make these blasters approvable as they need to be modified to the point where there not recognisable as laser tag guns at the same time as looking in-universe. I would suggest you visit the jadd halls of knowledge and read up on nerf conversions and whats required as the same rules should apply.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2019, 10:52 PM »
So got a little bit of work done on one of the blasters. The scope is just a place holder until I can find something better. Any Suggestions?

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2019, 10:03 PM »
Decided to try and paint it. What you think?

Kurz

« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2019, 02:47 AM »
Paint work is awesome vod! Only thing is that I don't get the swarzy vibes. Might be just me, but i'm a big fan of old/odd guns greeblied up.

Cabur Akaata (Protector Battalion) #133
Oribru Akaata (Emergency Battalion) #31
M.V.S. #89
L.O.B. #66

Bel Tay'haai

• M.A. #081
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2019, 06:31 PM »
I like it! It could use some greeblies, like Kurz said. I think you should consider changing up the grip - either making it bulkier and less ergonomic, or maybe adding a leather or fabric wrap.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2019, 06:21 PM »
I like the leather idea may do that. Thank you

« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2019, 10:24 PM »
Well both are Painted.

3ddyb

• Omax Rak
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2019, 10:33 PM »
They look good, don't know if they fit star wars but still really cool :like:

"An artist by nature,  a monster by necessity..."
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that they may not be very Star Warsy.  I am now thinking about making these instead. It will be a Westar 35 pair.  I have some scrap lumber(2x10). I think I can cut the basic shape out of it and then add the extras using some 3mm Sintra. I like the bottom picture more though. I may design like this and clean up the paint a lot. You think this would work better.

jett drexel

« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:22 PM »
They would work perfectly.  :like:

« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2019, 06:59 PM »

« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2019, 11:49 PM »
Did some work tonite. Looked at a couple different photos and this is where I am at currently. Still needs a lot of sanding though. Used E6000 and Iíve never used it on wood so hopeful it holds good.

The spots on the Sintra are there to look like the mounting points that I have seen a couple of photos.

jett drexel

« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2019, 02:46 AM »
looking really good. :like:

« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2019, 12:09 PM »
I found 1 x lumber works really well for width. Then if you need it bigger some layering with Sinatra or foam can make it easier than trying to take a lot of material off

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!