Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

The Armorer wip

• 70 Replies
Re: The Armorer wip
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2021, 09:31 AM »
Ok, Thanks for the information

It's not the size of the blaster that matters, it's how you handle it

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2021, 11:16 AM »
I agree. I will add, however, that the measurements given for the belt presume a 5’7” or so tall woman with an athletic build. For someone of smaller stature, that belt looks too wide. I wold narrow it significantly. It should be proportionate to your height and build, not Emily Swallow’s.

« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2021, 12:52 PM »
I put in the answer here from the Ruus'sol team so all can learn from it

1. The number of pleats is more important than the length. Different lengths of skirt have been approved before.
2. The measurements of the belt in the CRL are more of a guide and it is best practice to start from the measurements given and adjust them to fit you.

The recommendations are actually to make small tweaks to the belt so that it fits you better and doesn't ride so high. From there you can take the uppermost pleat of the apron, and make it a little bit shorter to fit both you and the adjusted belt better.

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2021, 06:49 AM »
I am glad you got it sorted out. And that you don't have to make a whole new skirt.  ;D

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2021, 10:22 AM »
Now I have been working with the apron, belt, gaiters and the toearmor  :-X

I have adjusted the proportion and sewn together the apron and the belt again (better proportion now), and aslo made the two "Y". Since the gaiters had to get darker, I have dyed them. I thought the toearmor were to shiny so I scrubbed them.

(the one in the back is the scrubbed)

« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2021, 09:17 AM »
Hi

I have started the process with The Armorers helmet and want to make sure I follow the "must match visual references". Did they use two different helmets? I can see difference between theese two referencepictures. Which one should I follow?

Cattriss Wren

• "Vurel narir'shekemir, draar solus"
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2021, 10:28 AM »
Su'cuy, not sure which one you should use. you could try to make a mix of both? I think you would probably be ok if you did either one. You could also contact the app team if your not sure.  Not super surprised that they would use two helmets for the armorer. They did the same thing with din djarin.  :laugh:

my armor. http://mandalorianmercs.org/forum/index.php?topic=203296.0

"Mandalorians don't make threats. We make promises"

"Everyone has a struggle in life. The key is turning that struggle into your weapon."

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2021, 11:08 AM »
I think it’s just a difference in how far her head is tilted forward combined with camera angle. In the first photo, her head is tilted almost all the way so that her chin rests on her chest. The camera is also higher up and straight on. In the second. Her head is not tilted as much, only about halfway, and the camera is shooting slightly up from a lower angle, so that the fur gets in the way. That’s my take on it.

« Reply #68 on: Jun 02, 2021, 09:05 PM »
I agree with Tramp, the helmet's specific features are identical but appear warped in the first due to camera angle. If this shot was toward the edge of the screen, there'll be some distortion; compounded with her head being angled down, that results in the helmet appearing elongated.

Rhue_Shofytt

• Diet Sprite
« Reply #69 on: Jun 02, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Is it just me or does the texture of the helmet look different? In the first image you can really see the hammered finish but the second one looks noticeably smoother.

Per aspera, ad astra

First WIP

Tramp Graphics

• Illustrator
« Reply #70 on: Jun 02, 2021, 10:56 PM »
Is it just me or does the texture of the helmet look different? In the first image you can really see the hammered finish but the second one looks noticeably smoother.

It’s just you.  :P

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!