Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

DLT-19 blaster rifle 3D printed WIP

• 6 Replies
DLT-19 blaster rifle 3D printed WIP
« on: Dec 05, 2019, 10:09 PM »

Just received my DLT-19 blaster rifle from the printer! This is one of my favorite blaster rifles from Star Wars and is based on the MG-34 machine gun which is an awesome piece in itself. Printed the scope as detachable so I can swap it if I want a sniper rifle instead of the repeater. Can’t wait to put it all together and paint!

Novoc Mereel

• Back with a vengeance! He/Him
Re: DLT-19 blaster rifle 3D printed WIP
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2019, 12:15 AM »
That's a really beautiful print! Any concerns that it may not hold up in a hot car, or not support its own weight? Longer pieces like that always make me nervous without some support. Can't wait to see it come together, though! :like:

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2019, 01:15 AM »
That's a really beautiful print! Any concerns that it may not hold up in a hot car, or not support its own weight? Longer pieces like that always make me nervous without some support. Can't wait to see it come together, though! :like:

The instructions actually call for an internal pipe for the barrel and a wooden dowel that runs the length of the gun to give it structure. It’s modeled and printed with that in mind, and I chose this print because it had a lot of great reviews from the 501st where it’s been used by many sandtroopers. I dont actually know how 3D printed items react to hot temps like being left in a hot car so I’ll be careful with that!

reguillet

• Awards Award for 10 official invasions.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2019, 01:17 AM »
Please be careful, they typically melt or droop if left in the heat

Fenrir Kyramud

• Awards 15+ clan level invasions Award for 25 official invasions. 11+ Invasion Report Appearances Award for 10 official invasions. Repeat appearance in the invasion reports
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2019, 12:49 PM »
Please be careful, they typically melt or droop if left in the heat

This can be a problem when printing in PLA. It has a relatively low melt point. But, filaments like PETG and ABS are far more durable and less prone to warpage.

Cat# 1196
Iron Fang: #8
B.O.M.B.: #48.
V.O.T.S.: #43
Dog Lobster Supporter #46
G.O.M.O.L. #5
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2019, 07:04 PM »
This can be a problem when printing in PLA. It has a relatively low melt point. But, filaments like PETG and ABS are far more durable and less prone to warpage.

This one has a copper pipe running the entire length of the gun so it should stay straight!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Hey, did you have any finished pics, or any advice for building this? I've just ordered one myself, and the photo you've posted is the same one she sent me when i asked if they had a built example  :D

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today! (You will need to be logged into the store)
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!