Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

11 x 44 LED display

• 3 Replies

Cdr. Ch'ren Jud'se

• Last official Verd'ika with no relatives in!
  • Awards Award for 50 official invasions. Ground Pounder - Official Member with the most recorded invasions Poster Boy - Official Member appears in costume in the most photos Hard Contact - Clan with the most recorded invasions Recruitment - Clan with the largest number of new OM's in 12 months
11 x 44 LED display
« on: Dec 10, 2019, 08:38 PM »
Hello all,

Been a while but I'm getting back into trooping and such.
One of the things on my list of upgrades is to add some lights and such to my kit. I found this on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RFK2TK5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it is a programmable 11x44 Pixel display. I was thinking this would be cool in a gauntlent, helmet, or maybe event chest light.

My question to you guys is, what do you think I should program onto this board? I bought it, but don't have any real great ideas of what to put on the screen! It can scroll, flash, and a few other things.

Give me some ideas, i'd love to hear them!

Teren Clan

LStarrunner

• Run until Apprehended. Fight until Free. Repeat.
Re: 11 x 44 LED display
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2020, 05:56 PM »
(Bump) I am curious to see what ideas are out there, too. My only idea is to wonder if it can be made to approximate mando'a lettering. Lines and slashes with bits and dashes.

~☆~ Lora

'Til our paths cross.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Reynolds
« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2020, 02:46 AM »
I bought that exact LED display like a week ago; I'm fairly happy with it!

So, basically, it comes with a micro-usb to connect it to your PC to both charge and program the screen. The software to program it is on the display itself, so when you plug it in to your PC, it basically acts like a USB drive. Just gotta install the program and you're off to the races. It also comes with instructions, and when I bought it on Amazon I also got an email from the company with basically the same instructions in a powerpoint version.

I got lucky; I have a font set of Aruebesh already installed on my PC from when I made stencils for other parts of my kit. The programming for the display it fairly straight forward, you type what you want it to display in the box, and can adjust the font, font size, and all of that, as well as how you want it to display (for instance, scrolling, or 'wiping' as well as direction of those effects) and at the top of the program it gives you a little preview. So when I did mine, I just typed what I wanted it to say, and then switched it over to the Aruebesh font.

It also has little built in pictographs; like a smiley face, little >> arrows; stuff like that, which you can add to your displaying message. You can also set it up to have multiple different programs that will either cycle through, or switch when you hit the button on the side of it.

I ended up settling on a scrolling text that says ">>Bounty Received: New Target, Jedi Andon Colos" (which is the Jedi name of one of my friends :D) so that just scrolls over and over.

Armor WIP
Weapon thread

It’s never a question of if a Mandalorian will find you… only when.

Varen Glade

• There ought to be a Roach Coach on Tatooine.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2020, 08:41 PM »
Bump for updates

I got thrown into a Sarlacc pit once. Kinda like the other guy. The only difference is, he was lucky enough to go out the way he came in.  I had to wait at the other end.

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!