Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!

Female Pilot - advice needed :P

• 3 Replies
Female Pilot - advice needed :P
« on: Dec 30, 2019, 02:54 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new to the task, so I will need every piece of advice anyone can give :)
I'm starting a Modern Era Female Pilot, I drew a concept of what I have in mind. The helmet is not my own doing, my man Fuo 'ko drew it for me

Life support box on the back, with two hoses running from the front of the helmet, upon the shoulders (or maybe under the arms?).

For the gauntlets I don't have a specific idea, I guess it will develop within time. I'm sure however that I don't want any weapon on them, just buttons...

I don't like rangefinders, nor the mohawk ridge, so I guess I'll have a Blast Shield.

One girth belt and one holster belt.

For the colour scheme I was thinking: light grey for the flight suit, dark grey for flak and neckseal, grey spats and black boots (regular military boots, with front laces covered by the spats). Red (RAL 3001) & white or red&black for the armour pieces, or blue (RAL 5001)... I'm confused about the main colour. I guess I'll continue drawing to clear my mind :)

The following is a concept of the helmet, but we think it would be too similar to Jango Fett's attire.

Can anyone explain to me this sentence?
<<A wraparound collar or backplate that extends to the wearer’s shoulder blades is required.>>  Am I correct if I assume that I just need one single armor piece that covers my back from the waist to the shoulder blades? (I'm Italian and I sometimes need help to grasp the meaning XD)

I'll be delighted to consider any thoughts, ideas or even general feedback from you

Thank you in advance!!

[This is the way]

Veris Bralor

• Awards Mobile Engineers Brigade Member Award for 10 official invasions. 15+ clan level invasions 15+ clan level invasions 40% increase or more
Re: Female Pilot - advice needed :P
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2019, 02:00 AM »
<<A wraparound collar or backplate that extends to the wearer’s shoulder blades is required.>> I read that as meaning you can have, but don't need a full backplate. Instead it's exceptable to have a combo collar/back-covering that extends to your shoulder blades. Think Ursa Wren. BUT since you've said you're putting your life support on the back:

"If the life support box is worn on the back, a full backplate must be worn."

You will need a full backplate that covers "2/3 the overall width and length of the back." Which almost always means from the shoulder seam down.

Good luck on your pilot, they're the best.

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:48 PM »
First of all: thank you Veris Bralor for your kind reply. You helped me to clear my mind  ;D

In this past few days I received the flight suit, I mean a giant jumpsuit to remodel (I didn't find any jumpsuit suited for my feminine shape)
This is the jumpsuit the day it arrived:

Then I detached the shirt from the pants, but you can see that the final result seems like a one-piece jumpsuit, considering that the flak vest will conceal the cut.

Note that I will trim the sleeve to be snug. I know it's too loose-fitting.

And this is the almost finished flightsuit, I detached the pockets on the torso and seamed them to the thighs:

I'll be delighted to receive and consider any thoughts, comments and constructive criticism!!  ;D

Thank you all!!

Avior Braisa

• Bobble-lorian
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2020, 07:49 PM »
Wow! Very impressive reconstruction of that flightsuit! That was a tent before! Keep up the good work!

OM #2296
T.P.S. #7
O.O.P.S. #67
M.A.J.I.C. #186
Q.M.U. #92 <-Hey, it rhymes!

Don't like ads? Help support the Mercs by becoming a Supporter or Auxiliary Member today!
Official Members also get to use the forum ad-free - so kit up and join us!